Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 50D?

Canon 50D?

Eric Miller

I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
5D will be with me till it falls apart.

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

Eric Miller
www.colibrihotsauce.com

Bruce

Eric Miller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
>5D will be with me till it falls apart.
>
>http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

There is no suggestion that the 50D will be full frame.

Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.

Darrell A. Larose

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Eric Miller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
>>5D will be with me till it falls apart.
>>
>>http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

> There is no suggestion that the 50D will be full frame.
>
> Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.

This is what Canon Canada have tagged as the 40+ Canon will give formal
word of these the 7D and the 50D today in Montreal.

Maurice Blanchard

> But that's talking about the entirely on-schedule 40D replacement.

the 40D is only 1 year old btw.

Eric Miller

> Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.

.. . . nor did I claim that it was.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com

Bruce

"Eric Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.
>>

>. . . nor did I claim that it was.

Then why did you introduce your article with:

"I figured that a 5D replacement was coming ..."?

John Sheehy

Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:2f0ta4lf4b9d4o3o7iu9irr8qcn67gto09@
4ax.com:

> There is no suggestion that the 50D will be full frame.

> Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.

Why would a camera series *ever* be expected to have a change of sensor
size? That should require the introduction of a new series. There are
advantages to all sizes of sensor.

In order to have a "reach-resolve" better than the 40D, a FF camera would
need more than 26 MP. If they ended the 1.6 crop with the 40D, and the
"replacement" had a lower pixel density, that would be a degrade, not an
upgrade, IMO.

--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

Eric Miller

Bruce wrote:
> "Eric Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>>Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.
>>>

>>. . . nor did I claim that it was.

> Then why did you introduce your article with:
>
> "I figured that a 5D replacement was coming ..."?

Perhaps a better phrasing would have been, "I expected a 5D replacement
but here's what we get instead." I guess my diction assumed the
obviousness of your statement in response.

Eric Miller
www.colibrihotsauce.com

David Nebenzahl

On 8/21/2008 7:54 PM Eric Miller spake thus:

> I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
> 5D will be with me till it falls apart.
>
> http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:

rec.photo.digital
rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
rec.photo.digital.slr
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

(Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".

Bob

"Eric Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FQprk.13803$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My 5D
>will be with me till it falls apart.
>
> http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html
>
> Eric Miller
> www.colibrihotsauce.com