Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Displaying a web page on a web page.

Displaying a web page on a web page.

Mufasa

I have a web page with an iframe in it. I need to dynamically set the iframe
to be a web page. This worked in 1.1 but doesn't appear to be working in
2.0.

Is there a better way to do this? I want to have a 'preview' of a web
page/local html file for the user.

Any thoughts?

TIA - Jeff.

Göran Andersson

Mufasa wrote:
> I have a web page with an iframe in it. I need to dynamically set the iframe
> to be a web page. This worked in 1.1 but doesn't appear to be working in
> 2.0.

As this is done in the browser, it doesn't really have anything to do
with ASP.NET, as it's done using client script. So, there is no reason
why that would not work in framework 2.0. The browser is still the same.

If you have written code that depends on the exact way that framework
1.1 generates client side IDs from the server side IDs, it may very well
fail to work in framework 2.0. You should use the ClientID property of
the control to get the generated client side ID, as the way to generate
the ID can change at any time.

--
Göran Andersson
_____