Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Networking/Shared Printer

Wireless Networking/Shared Printer

=?Utf-8?B?TWl0Y2g=?=

I'm running 2 desktops. One with Windows XP Prof and the other with Windows
XP Home. I've got a Wireless ADSL Modem router which is working fine on both
systems. I'm now having difficultity setting up my Epson 875DC Printer to be
shared with both systems. I believe I've go the correct settings re my
printer, but I don't believe my other system with XP Home can see my printer
which is attached by a USB port to my other printer. Can anyone assist? I
would be extremely grateful for any advice.

Mitch

Jack

Hi

If both computers can access the Internet then your problem is Not with the
Wireless.

You need to set the Sharing of both computers.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm running 2 desktops. One with Windows XP Prof and the other with

Windows
> XP Home. I've got a Wireless ADSL Modem router which is working fine on

both
> systems. I'm now having difficultity setting up my Epson 875DC Printer to

be
> shared with both systems. I believe I've go the correct settings re my
> printer, but I don't believe my other system with XP Home can see my

printer
> which is attached by a USB port to my other printer. Can anyone assist? I
> would be extremely grateful for any advice.
>
> Mitch

=?Utf-8?B?UXVpbnRpbg==?=

you hav to right click on it and set the haring options to allow you to share
it... NB firewalls may cause probelms in this. I had heaps of problems
sharing printers before i because a beta tester for Network Magic then it was
all good

Hope that helped

Cheers

Quintin