Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > pet project done!

pet project done!

richard

http://oldies.1littleworld.com/

Well I finally got the last section of it done this morning.
The top 100 charts show cashbox and billboard side by side.

I'll now be working on a way to show a calendar within the song names
list so you can see how they ranked each week.

Chaddy2222

richard wrote:

> http://oldies.1littleworld.com/
>

> Well I finally got the last section of it done this morning.
> The top 100 charts show cashbox and billboard side by side.
>
> I'll now be working on a way to show a calendar within the song names
> list so you can see how they ranked each week.

It looks like something strate out of 1997.
Also new website should be coded in strict HTML! As you are not
transitioning from anything.

richard

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:55:40 -0700 (PDT), Chaddy2222
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>richard wrote:
>
>> http://oldies.1littleworld.com/
>>

>> Well I finally got the last section of it done this morning.
>> The top 100 charts show cashbox and billboard side by side.
>>
>> I'll now be working on a way to show a calendar within the song names
>> list so you can see how they ranked each week.

>It looks like something strate out of 1997.
>Also new website should be coded in strict HTML! As you are not
>transitioning from anything.

Your puny little opinion has been duly noted and archived in the
recycle bin.

Travis Newbury

On Aug 21, 2:00*pm, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >It looks like something strate out of 1997.
> >Also new website should be coded in strict HTML! As you are not
> >transitioning from anything.

> Your puny little opinion has been duly noted and archived in the
> recycle bin.

I believe this response was uncalled for. Chaddy is no doubt in tears
right now, weeping (yes weeping) from the complete humiliation you
have brought on himself and his family name. You do realize the
ancient rules of honor from the Chaddy clan now requires him to either
give you a good verbal thrashing, kill your first born, or screw your
goat. Though I think the screwing your goat part was recent entry
into the rules.

--
Travis
Flash Crap: http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2008-08-21, richard wrote:
> http://oldies.1littleworld.com/
>

> Well I finally got the last section of it done this morning.
> The top 100 charts show cashbox and billboard side by side.

The titles do not line up with the years in a narrow window:
<http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/oldies.jpg>

And why transitional instead of strict?

Author:

Mark A. Boyd

richard posted in alt.html:

> http://oldies.1littleworld.com/
>
> Well I finally got the last section of it done this morning.
> The top 100 charts show cashbox and billboard side by side.
>
> I'll now be working on a way to show a calendar within the song names
> list so you can see how they ranked each week.

Cool project!

Couple of questions, though, just for my curiosity.

Is there a particular reason for not using alt or size attributes for the
images?

(Firefox 2)
When I clicked on one of the years, I saw that something was loading, but
didn't see anything change. I eventually scrolled down to see the scrolling
list, but it wasn't intuitive to me. It is "below the fold" if you know what
that means.

Perhaps that would be better served as a separate page rather than in a
frame? Or, if possible, with a named anchor?

If you've already discussed these questions, just scold me properly for not
searching past posts

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin'

richard

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:56:44 +0000, "Chris F.A. Johnson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2008-08-21, richard wrote:
>> http://oldies.1littleworld.com/
>>

>> Well I finally got the last section of it done this morning.
>> The top 100 charts show cashbox and billboard side by side.

> The titles do not line up with the years in a narrow window:
> <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/oldies.jpg>

I kind of figured some browsers might do that.
Since you failed to mention which one you're using and the OS.

> And why transitional instead of strict?

Preference. One of these days I'll graduate.

richard

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:51:56 +0200 (CEST), "Mark A. Boyd"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>richard posted in alt.html:
>
>> http://oldies.1littleworld.com/
>>
>> Well I finally got the last section of it done this morning.
>> The top 100 charts show cashbox and billboard side by side.
>>
>> I'll now be working on a way to show a calendar within the song names
>> list so you can see how they ranked each week.

>Cool project!
>
>Couple of questions, though, just for my curiosity.
>
>Is there a particular reason for not using alt or size attributes for the
>images?

Why? Sizing only wastes space. That's basically if you want to chop
down a huge pic. I don't see the point.
Originally, the alt stuff was supposed to work in identifying
something that might not show up for some reason. Or when you move
your pointer over an image, you'd be given a "tooltip" thing. FF does
nothing with it.

>(Firefox 2)
>When I clicked on one of the years, I saw that something was loading, but
>didn't see anything change. I eventually scrolled down to see the scrolling
>list, but it wasn't intuitive to me. It is "below the fold" if you know what
>that means.

Show me a screen shot. What ever you click on should open in the
iframe.

>Perhaps that would be better served as a separate page rather than in a
>frame? Or, if possible, with a named anchor?

I prefer the iframe as then you don't have to hit the back button or
close out another window. Things may change in the near future as I
have changed this thing a dozen times at least.

>If you've already discussed these questions, just scold me properly for not
>searching past posts

richard

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:54:57 -0700 (PDT), Travis Newbury
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Aug 21, 2:00*pm, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >It looks like something strate out of 1997.
>> >Also new website should be coded in strict HTML! As you are not
>> >transitioning from anything.

>> Your puny little opinion has been duly noted and archived in the
>> recycle bin.

>I believe this response was uncalled for. Chaddy is no doubt in tears
>right now, weeping (yes weeping) from the complete humiliation you
>have brought on himself and his family name. You do realize the
>ancient rules of honor from the Chaddy clan now requires him to either
>give you a good verbal thrashing, kill your first born, or screw your
>goat. Though I think the screwing your goat part was recent entry
>into the rules.

He's ****ed off because a few of us around here called his site,
childish and amateurish.
While mine isn't about to win any awards, I have no intention to be
looking for awards. People want information with the least amount of
intrusion on their intelligence. That's the intention of my site.

Besides, this whole thing could, and probably will, change in the next
few weeks. I just wanted to get something up for those who are truly
interested in such information will have it. I've seen other sites
that post the same thing and most are just totally outrageous in some
way.

Chaddy2222

richard wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:55:40 -0700 (PDT), Chaddy2222
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >richard wrote:
> >
> >> http://oldies.1littleworld.com/
> >>

> >> Well I finally got the last section of it done this morning.
> >> The top 100 charts show cashbox and billboard side by side.
> >>
> >> I'll now be working on a way to show a calendar within the song names
> >> list so you can see how they ranked each week.

> >It looks like something strate out of 1997.
> >Also new website should be coded in strict HTML! As you are not
> >transitioning from anything.

> Your puny little opinion has been duly noted and archived in the
> recycle bin.

To be honest, I really don't give a ****!
It is your crap website after all.