Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > eclipse ide question

eclipse ide question

Daniel

Hi all,

I have recently tried Eclipse and I am having a text color problem. I have
been able to change my "theme" to a night-time-type of theme (dark
background, colored text). I believe this may have caused an unintended side
effect: when the suggestion popup box appears after typing in an object's
variable name and a "." (dot), the box normally displays the methods/etc
available to that object. However, only the highlighted method in that popup
appears. All the other methods are insivible (text and background same
color). Eclipse has a lot of options and I am not sure where to change the
foreground of the text in this popup.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Thompson

On Aug 22, 1:19*am, "Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently tried Eclipse and I am having a text color problem. I have
> been able to change my "theme" to a night-time-type of theme (dark
> background, colored text). I believe this may have caused an unintended side
> effect: when the suggestion popup box appears after typing in an object's
> variable name and a "." (dot), the box normally displays the methods/etc
> available to that object. However, only the highlighted method in that popup
> appears. All the other methods are insivible (text and background same
> color). Eclipse has a lot of options and I am not sure where to change the
> foreground of the text in this popup.

- There is no question there.
- This is not an 'IDE support' group.

> Thanks in advance!

No worries.

--
Andrew T.

Jean-Claude Arbaut

Daniel a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently tried Eclipse and I am having a text color problem. I
> have been able to change my "theme" to a night-time-type of theme (dark
> background, colored text). I believe this may have caused an unintended
> side effect: when the suggestion popup box appears after typing in an
> object's variable name and a "." (dot), the box normally displays the
> methods/etc available to that object. However, only the highlighted
> method in that popup appears. All the other methods are insivible (text
> and background same color). Eclipse has a lot of options and I am not
> sure where to change the foreground of the text in this popup.
>
> Thanks in advance!

There are three panels to change colors, all in the preference
page, in the left menu :
General -> Appearance -> Colors and Fonts
Editors -> Text Editors (not a submenu)
Java -> Editor -> Syntax Coloring
'Hope you'll find something here

dhw4095@gmail.com

On Aug 21, 7:50*pm, Jean-Claude Arbaut <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Daniel a écrit :
>
> > Hi all,

> > I have recently tried Eclipse and I am having a text color problem. I
> > have been able to change my "theme" to a night-time-type of theme (dark
> > background, colored text). I believe this may have caused an unintended
> > side effect: when the suggestion popup box appears after typing in an
> > object's variable name and a "." (dot), the box normally displays the
> > methods/etc available to that object. However, only the highlighted
> > method in that popup appears. All the other methods are insivible (text
> > and background same color). Eclipse has a lot of options and I am not
> > sure where to change the foreground of the text in this popup.

> > Thanks in advance!

> There are three panels to change colors, all in the preference
> page, in the left menu :
> General -> Appearance -> Colors and Fonts
> Editors -> Text Editors (not a submenu)
> Java -> Editor -> Syntax Coloring
> 'Hope you'll find something here

I found it under Java -> Editor, and it's in the "appearance color
options" area.

Thank you.

Eclipse IDE Question hayes.randy@gmail.com Java 2 07-06-2008 03:35 PM
Eclipse IDE question kilnhead Python 1 06-25-2006 05:21 PM
Python IDE like NetBeans/Delphi IDE fowlertrainer@anonym.hu Python 5 04-06-2005 05:56 AM
CVS in eclipse IDE question Yi Chen Java 1 09-26-2004 09:18 PM
enhanced ide vs ide AndyPaul Computer Information 1 01-01-2004 03:30 AM

Advertisments