Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: In map iterator is there a difference between (*iter).secondand iter->second?

Re: In map iterator is there a difference between (*iter).secondand iter->second?

Gennaro Prota

Pete Becker wrote:
> On 2008-08-19 09:28:59 -0400, puzzlecracker <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> I see that a lot of former in the code, and wonder if there is a
>> technical reason for that

> A few years ago some compilers had trouble with the second form.

Out of curiosity, did you mean "libraries" (not defining operator->
appropriately) or really "compiler" in strict sense?

--
Gennaro Prota | name.surname yahoo.com
Breeze C++ (preview): <https://sourceforge.net/projects/breeze/>

Gennaro Prota

Pete Becker wrote:
>>> A few years ago some compilers had trouble with the second form.

>> Out of curiosity, did you mean "libraries" (not defining operator->
>> appropriately) or really "compiler" in strict sense?

> The former is a consequence of the latter.

Gulp In the sense that the compiler proper wasn't able to resolve
-> and thus the library didn't overload it? If so, do you remember how
many years ago that was and with which compilers? (Just curious)

Thanks,