Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Volume icon on the taskbar

Volume icon on the taskbar

j allen 3

Compaq Armada E500

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, jss27560.
>
> What kind of sound device do you have? Please tell us the make and model of
> your computer. Or, if you built it yourself, tell us at least the make and
> model of motherboard and of the audio card. In Device Manager, what is
> listed under Sound, video and game controllers? Oh, and probably most
> important: are you using WinXP x64 or Vista x64? (If you're using WinXP
> Pro or 32-bit Vista then you're in the wrong newsgroup. You might want to
> try the Hardware Devices newsgroup for your operating system.)
>
> It's easy enough to say that "it should be there". But it's not so easy to
> guess why if it's NOT there. That's when we need additional information to
> try to help you. Remember, we can't see your computer so you have to tell
> us everything that we need to know.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> (Running Windows Live Mail 2008 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1)
>
> "jss27560" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am trying to enable the volume icon on the taskbar but whenever I go to
> > the
> > 'Sounds and Audio Devices properties' applet in CP and select the option I
> > receive an error saying the the Volume Control program is not installed
> > and I
> > need to use the ADD/Remove programs in CP.
> >
> > If you haven't figured out where this is going, there is no volume control
> > program to install and I haven't been able to find one.
> >
> > Anybody has a clue where I might find it.
> >
> > Thanks,

Bobby Johnson

Go to:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=us
select you operating system and download the Audio driver.

Next find the Windows XP Pro/Home forum. This forum is for
64-bit Windows.

j allen 3 wrote:
> Compaq Armada E500
>
> "R. C. White" wrote:
>
>> Hi, jss27560.
>>
>> What kind of sound device do you have? Please tell us the make and model of
>> your computer. Or, if you built it yourself, tell us at least the make and
>> model of motherboard and of the audio card. In Device Manager, what is
>> listed under Sound, video and game controllers? Oh, and probably most
>> important: are you using WinXP x64 or Vista x64? (If you're using WinXP
>> Pro or 32-bit Vista then you're in the wrong newsgroup. You might want to
>> try the Hardware Devices newsgroup for your operating system.)
>>
>> It's easy enough to say that "it should be there". But it's not so easy to
>> guess why if it's NOT there. That's when we need additional information to
>> try to help you. Remember, we can't see your computer so you have to tell
>> us everything that we need to know.
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>> (Running Windows Live Mail 2008 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1)
>>
>> "jss27560" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I am trying to enable the volume icon on the taskbar but whenever I go to
>>> the
>>> 'Sounds and Audio Devices properties' applet in CP and select the option I
>>> receive an error saying the the Volume Control program is not installed
>>> and I
>>> need to use the ADD/Remove programs in CP.
>>>
>>> If you haven't figured out where this is going, there is no volume control
>>> program to install and I haven't been able to find one.
>>>
>>> Anybody has a clue where I might find it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,

Acqeel

I downloaded the hd codec drivers for vista7.zip from Realtek. When I clicked
install it said that no drivers were supported in the pakage.
What do I do now???

"Dominic Payer" wrote:

> For Realtek AC97 codec drivers start at
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>
> For Realtek HD codec drivers
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>

> "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OJVq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, Ron.
> >
> > Well, I tried to get the drivers from Realtek last night, but their
> > website (www.realtek.com) is inscrutable - to me, at least. So I Googled
> > for them and came up with several sites that offer the drivers, apparently
> > for a fee! I tried one, which was a friendly as could be until I asked for
> > the download, when it presented its EULA - and there was a paragraph there
> > about paying their invoice! :>( I aborted, then tried again and got the
> > same EULA. They hadn't asked for a credit card yet, so I continued and
> > downloaded their DriverDetective.exe, which ran until it got to the point
> > of downloading the drivers. Then it wanted $29.95! So I bailed out
> > again. It was my bedtime, so I never did get the drivers.
> >
> > Then I went to Belarc, which I've often seen praised in newsgroups, and
> > downloaded their Advisor and ran it. It told me a lot about my computer,
> > but didn't offer drivers. Under Multimedia, it listed the same 3 devices
> > as Device Manager:
> >
> > Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo
> > High Definition Audio Device
> > Pinnacle PCTV 800e
> >
> > So I went back to the CD-ROM than came with my EPoX motherboard in
> > December 2006 and found the Realtek drivers, including the one that I seem
> > to need: WDM_A392.exe, but that is dated 9/21/06, before Vista even went
> > RTM. When I tried to install that, it apparently hung my computer; I'm
> > guessing it's for WinXP - or maybe for 32-bit.
> >
> > Anyhow, as I said, my computer has been working fine without those drivers
> > for nearly two years. The only thing I'm apparently missing is that
> > little icon that looks like a lobster with claws upraised but really is a
> > Maestro conducting an orchestra. I can live without that, so I'm done
> > fiddling with this - for now. I have seen that and the several Realtek
> > utility screens, but maybe it was when I was running WinXP.
> >
> > Maybe I'll revisit the topic when I have more time. Thanks for your help.
> >
> > RC
> > --
> > R. C. White, CPA
> > San Marcos, TX
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> > Microsoft Windows MVP
> > (Running Windows Live Mail 2008 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1)
> >
> > "Bogey Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> I would be surprised if the Relate drivers didn't supply better control
> >> than the built in drivers or the drivers from Microsoft. I would give
> >> them a try.
> >>
> >> Ron
> >>

> >> "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Dominic Payer

This thread is from August 2008 and is no longer relevant.

If the package could not identify your hardware as supported, you may
need the AC97 package or have some other maker's sound chip.

On 08/06/2009 00:56, Acqeel wrote:
> I downloaded the hd codec drivers for vista7.zip from Realtek. When I clicked
> install it said that no drivers were supported in the pakage.
> What do I do now???
>
> "Dominic Payer" wrote:
>
>> For Realtek AC97 codec drivers start at
>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>>
>> For Realtek HD codec drivers
>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>>

>> "R. C. White"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OJVq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi, Ron.
>>>
>>> Well, I tried to get the drivers from Realtek last night, but their
>>> website (www.realtek.com) is inscrutable - to me, at least. So I Googled
>>> for them and came up with several sites that offer the drivers, apparently
>>> for a fee! I tried one, which was a friendly as could be until I asked for
>>> the download, when it presented its EULA - and there was a paragraph there
>>> about paying their invoice! :>( I aborted, then tried again and got the
>>> same EULA. They hadn't asked for a credit card yet, so I continued and
>>> downloaded their DriverDetective.exe, which ran until it got to the point
>>> of downloading the drivers. Then it wanted $29.95! So I bailed out
>>> again. It was my bedtime, so I never did get the drivers.
>>>
>>> Then I went to Belarc, which I've often seen praised in newsgroups, and
>>> downloaded their Advisor and ran it. It told me a lot about my computer,
>>> but didn't offer drivers. Under Multimedia, it listed the same 3 devices
>>> as Device Manager:
>>>
>>> Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo
>>> High Definition Audio Device
>>> Pinnacle PCTV 800e
>>>
>>> So I went back to the CD-ROM than came with my EPoX motherboard in
>>> December 2006 and found the Realtek drivers, including the one that I seem
>>> to need: WDM_A392.exe, but that is dated 9/21/06, before Vista even went
>>> RTM. When I tried to install that, it apparently hung my computer; I'm
>>> guessing it's for WinXP - or maybe for 32-bit.
>>>
>>> Anyhow, as I said, my computer has been working fine without those drivers
>>> for nearly two years. The only thing I'm apparently missing is that
>>> little icon that looks like a lobster with claws upraised but really is a
>>> Maestro conducting an orchestra. I can live without that, so I'm done
>>> fiddling with this - for now. I have seen that and the several Realtek
>>> utility screens, but maybe it was when I was running WinXP.
>>>
>>> Maybe I'll revisit the topic when I have more time. Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> RC
>>> --
>>> R. C. White, CPA
>>> San Marcos, TX
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>>> (Running Windows Live Mail 2008 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1)
>>>
>>> "Bogey Man"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

nmk

"jss27560" wrote:

> I am trying to enable the volume icon on the taskbar but whenever I go to the
> 'Sounds and Audio Devices properties' applet in CP and select the option I
> receive an error saying the the Volume Control program is not installed and I
> need to use the ADD/Remove programs in CP.
>
> If you haven't figured out where this is going, there is no volume control
> program to install and I haven't been able to find one.
>
> Anybody has a clue where I might find it.
>
> Thanks,

tnridgerunner7

I'm having same problem....please help!

"jss27560" wrote:

> I am trying to enable the volume icon on the taskbar but whenever I go to the
> 'Sounds and Audio Devices properties' applet in CP and select the option I
> receive an error saying the the Volume Control program is not installed and I
> need to use the ADD/Remove programs in CP.
>
> If you haven't figured out where this is going, there is no volume control
> program to install and I haven't been able to find one.
>
> Anybody has a clue where I might find it.
>
> Thanks,

ka9ine

I too have this problem. please allow me to explain what i have read but have
yet to accomplish; you need your windows xp install disc. ya need to search
disc and find D:\windows\i386\system32\sndvol32.exe then export sndvol32.exe
to your hard drive at this location C:\windows\system32 replacing of course
the drive letters c and d if yours are different.