Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > ASCII encoding and byte array

ASCII encoding and byte array

giusticce giusticce is offline
Junior Member

Hello,
I'm trying to turn a string into an array of ASCII encoded bytes to send over a TCP connection. I know there is a simple solution to this in the CLR using the System namespace, however I'm using the Boost library and it isn't compatible with CLR.

How else can I accomplish this encoding? Is there another portable library I can use?

Thanks for the help.