Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Re: Mixed clocked/combinatorial coding styles

Re: Mixed clocked/combinatorial coding styles

kennheinrich@sympatico.ca

On Aug 18, 11:53 am, Jonathan Bromley <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I have been able to try this on five different
> synthesis tools, spanning the whole range of
> cost and FPGA-vs-ASIC. The results surprised
> me a little - it's a long time since I did such
> a complete survey.

> Comments welcomed.
> --

Jonathan,

This is interesting, but I'm not sure exactly what conclusions to
draw. At least, no incorrect logic was generated (sighs of relief from
vendors involved). This smells like it could turn into a hunt for
cases which *do* mess up synthesizers, but that's a lot of
experimenting.

This is also interesting in that you've performed experiments, guided
by some hypotheses, and examined the results in light of those
hypotheses. Smells a bit like the scientific method to me. Clearly,
you don't get this usenet thing at all

- Kenn