Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: UK DSL provider experience, AVM Fritz!Box Fon?

Re: UK DSL provider experience, AVM Fritz!Box Fon?

Tim

B. Wright wrote:

> Who provides the best DSL? Best not meaning cheapest, but
> something reasonable (without a contract hopefully), reliable, and high
> enough bandwidth to use VoIP without problems?

Most providers are fairly much the same, except the really cheapy ones.

We recommend Zen and aaisp to customers.

Lots of enta resellers out there as well, which people seem to have good
success with.

> Is it pretty much a given that even the DSL re-sellers require a
> fixed BT line for service? Does BT offer any inbound only services that
> are discounted enough to justify them? From the looks of things they
> discontinued most or only allow them for low income people.

Look at aaisp. They have a bundled option for phoneline and ADSL.
Costs around the same of BT in time, but much cheaper in personal time
issues because of only dealing with one supplier for both bits.

Tim