Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > how to call API Functions in python

how to call API Functions in python

raashid bhatt

how to call API Functions in python

Fredrik Lundh

raashid bhatt wrote:

> how to call API Functions in python

The same way as you'd call any other function, of course. What API are
you referring to?

</F>

raashid bhatt

On Aug 17, 11:08*am, Fredrik Lundh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> raashid bhatt wrote:
> > how to call API Functions in python

> The same way as you'd call any other function, of course. *What API are
> you referring to?
>
> </F>

i am talking about WINAPI

Fredrik Lundh

raashid bhatt wrote:

>> The same way as you'd call any other function, of course. What API are
>> you referring to?

> i am talking about WINAPI

use pywin32 or ctypes:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyWin32
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-ctypes.html

for some kinds of Windows programming, IronPython might be an even
better choice:

http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython

</F>

raashid bhatt

On Aug 17, 11:27*am, Wojtek Walczak <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> The same way as you'd call any other function, of course. *What API are
> >> you referring to?

> > i am talking about WINAPI

> I am not a Windows guy, but maybe ctypes module will be helpful
> for you.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Wojtek Walczak,http://www.stud.umk.pl/~wojtekwa/

Thanks a lot man That is what i wanted to know