Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Win XP 64 cannot see SATA drive

Re: Win XP 64 cannot see SATA drive

Charlie Russel - MVP

You'll need a driver for that SATA controller. It looks like it's a VIA
VT8237 from your description, so go directly to www.viaarena.com. You can
download a driver there.

--
Charlie.
"keithrider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there
> My PC has a removable HD Caddy, so I can use other OS.
> I thought that I would upgrade, and put in a Maxtor DiamondMax 320Gb SATA
> drive, to use as extra storage, accessible for all the various OS.
> Windows Vista can see and use it, without me needing to do anything, and
> also Ubuntu 8.
> Win XP 64 Pro cannot see it. On boot up, if I look in the SATA bios, the
> HD
> is listed, but I cannot do anything as nothing is ‘highlighted.’ But I
> don’t
> think this would solve the problem.
> I have an Optronix MB OP-K9A8PRO-ALF, chipset Via K8T800Pro+VT8237 with an
> AMD 64 3500, and 2Gb Ram. The Optronix CD is no help, and the company seem
> have disappeared now.
> I could do with some driver for XP 64, but have had no luck.
> Any ideas?
>
> KJR

keithrider

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> You'll need a driver for that SATA controller. It looks like it's a VIA
> VT8237 from your description, so go directly to www.viaarena.com. You can
> download a driver there.
>
> --
> Charlie.

Thanks Charlie - did the job fine, once I managed to get past the Driver
Detective.