Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > laptop cannot detect network at home but detects network at other

laptop cannot detect network at home but detects network at other

caloyski

we have been using this wi fi connection at our condo before and everything
was ok. when i tried accessing it again after some time of not using it, my
laptop cannot even find any wirless network available, the funny thing is my
friends laptop was just beside mine and everything was okay with it. so i
went to the mall and got connected there and everytjing was okay with my
laptop.

whats the difference then? how come i cannot detect the networks at home
when i know its just there. by the way i made previously reformatted the
laptop, could the changes have affected my connection.

Thanks in advance.

Barb Bowman

what version of windows?
is the SSID hidden?
try changing the SSID on your home router, do not hide it. be sure
to use WPA2 or at least WPA security.
power cycle the router after you change the settings and reboot the
computer.

what happens?

--

Barb Bowman