Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Combinations

Combinations

jrdacc.i@gmail.com

someone has an idea on how to write a program that takes some letters
and gives all possible words(with sense or without ) that we can make
with these letters?

Andrew Poelstra

On 2008-08-16, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> someone has an idea on how to write a program that takes some letters
> and gives all possible words(with sense or without ) that we can make
> with these letters?

Assuming you won't have obscenely long inputs, I'd use recursion. To
get more specific help than that, you'll have to ask a more specific
question, or (preferably) post some C code that doesn't work the way
that you want it to, and the group will offer suggestions.

For a more general (not C-related) discussion on what algorithms you
should use, try posting in comp.programming.

--
Andrew Poelstra (E-Mail Removed)
To email me, use the above email addresss with .com set to .net