Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Pre-university student looking to contribute to OS project

Pre-university student looking to contribute to OS project

Jason Walsh

I'm a pre-university student with about 7 months Python experience
looking for an open source project to get involved in (learn the code,
do bug fixes, etc). I've searched freshmeat.net, SourceForge, and
Google Code, and found a few possibilities, but I thought I'd ask the
list and see if there are any projects in particular that would be
good for a younger programmer like me. I've taken a look at this
(http://wiki.python.org/moin/CodingProjectIdeas) and there's good
things there, but I'd really like to get involved in a pre-existing
project.

Thanks for the help,

Jason

Stef Mientki

Jason Walsh wrote:
> I'm a pre-university student with about 7 months Python experience
> looking for an open source project to get involved in (learn the code,
> do bug fixes, etc). I've searched freshmeat.net, SourceForge, and
> Google Code, and found a few possibilities, but I thought I'd ask the
> list and see if there are any projects in particular that would be
> good for a younger programmer like me. I've taken a look at this
> (http://wiki.python.org/moin/CodingProjectIdeas) and there's good
> things there, but I'd really like to get involved in a pre-existing
> project.

You might take a look at PyLab_Works,
although I use parts of it as a regular tool,
it's in pre-alfa stage and not yet released.
http://code.google.com/p/pylab-works/

http://oase.uci.kun.nl/~mientki/data...reenshots.html
http://pylab-works.googlecode.com/files/pw_manual.pdf
cheers,
Stef

Student Project Idea Roedy Green Java 3 07-31-2008 04:03 AM
hi...iam a student from nit warangal india plz help me in linux encrypted file system project... softsubbu.opensource@gmail.com Computer Support 3 03-22-2007 03:45 AM
IPython team needs a student for a google "Summer of Code" project. Ville Vainio Python 0 05-03-2006 04:07 PM
searching a project to contribute to Clint Norton Python 7 10-10-2005 04:30 PM
OT: Contribute to the Monkey Shakespeare Project =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= MCSE 0 10-17-2003 01:03 PM

Advertisments