Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Spaceball Source Code

Spaceball Source Code

Adeel Hasan Akbari

Hi!
I'm new to this field.
Actually i'm a new programmer. And i've never worked in C.

It is my humble request to you to provide me with the source code for
Spaceball (the game in which there's a ball...etc).

Thanks in Anticipation

Adeel Hasan Akbari

Pardon, That wasn't quite helpful!

Chris M. Thomasson

"Adeel Hasan Akbari" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> I'm new to this field.
> Actually i'm a new programmer. And i've never worked in C.
>
> It is my humble request to you to provide me with the source code for
> Spaceball (the game in which there's a ball...etc).
>
> Thanks in Anticipation

:^|

Chris M. Thomasson

"Adeel Hasan Akbari" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pardon, That wasn't quite helpful!

Perhaps:

spaceball+c+"source-code"

I never played the game...

Adeel Hasan Akbari

Thanks ... But that doesn't work either...I tried it on Google!

Chris M. Thomasson

"Adeel Hasan Akbari" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks ... But that doesn't work either...I tried it on Google!

Well, I never played spaceball; please educate me?

Adeel Hasan Akbari

----------Wikipedia----------
SpaceBall was a miniature video game appearing on several models of LG
brand mobile phones. The game was similar in concept to Snake, a title
that was packaged with many Nokia brand cellular phones.

OBJECT:
The object of the game was to guide a small animal, the head of which
resembled a rabbit with the horn of a unicorn, around a playing field
gathering colored balls. The player had a set amount of time to clear
the board without running into itself or a wall, or letting itself
grow too long. If a player did any of these, or ran out of time, he
lost a life (referred to as a "fail" in the game) and had to restart
the level from the beginning. Failing four times ended the game; no
extra lives were offered at any point in the game.
----------Wikipedia----------

Chris M. Thomasson

"Chris M. Thomasson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1yepk.24217$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Adeel Hasan Akbari" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks ... But that doesn't work either...I tried it on Google!

> Well, I never played spaceball; please educate me?

So far, the only info I have is that, humm... Well let me quote one of your
sentences:

(The game in which there's a ball...etc)

(Football... Volleyball... Soccer... Baseball... ect)

Perhaps...

(Football in orbit... Volleyball on the moon... Soccer on mars... Baseball
in galaxy 4, solar system 2, planet 8, moon 5... ect)

?

:^|

Adeel Hasan Akbari

Here's the entire article on Spaceball: (Source: Wikipedia)
[Continued from previous post]

>>Levels

Each of the game's twenty levels grew progressively harder. The first
level simply contained an open field, of which the character could
leave one side and re-enter the screen immediately on the other. Later
levels introduced borders around the field to prevent such exit and re-
entry; walls, blocks, and other obstacles in the middle of the screen;
and finally all-out mazes with narrow paths that strictly limited the
animal's range of motion.

>>Rules

A level always began with three red segments attached to the
creature's head. Eating any red balls with only these segments
attached would not cause the animal to grow. Eating any other colored
ball caused it to attach as a segment to the tail end of the creature,
as did eating a red ball with segments of any other color already on
the animal.

A player could clear segments off the animal by attaching three balls
of the same color to its tail. This could be done by simply eating
three of the same color in a row, or by eating one or two of one
color, eating three of another (clearing them), then eating a third
(or a second and a third) of the original color. The importance of
shortening the body was twofold: a longer creature ran a more
dangerous risk of running into itself and dying immediately; also, if
a player cleared the board while the character's body was too long
(indicated by a number in the corner of the screen), the player failed
(lost a life) and had to restart the level.

>>Bonus balls

Occasionally, a flashing bonus ball appeared on the playing screen.
This ball was white with a red dot in the middle, and its appearance
was marked by the player's phone vibrating. If the animal ate the
bonus ball, one of four random effects would occur:

* The timer resetting to full
* The character's tail resetting to three red segments
* All remaining balls on the field changing to the color of the
last one eaten
* All balls changing color and position.

Two of these bonus balls appeared per life, per level.

_____________________COMMENT_______________
I don't want such a complex game - Just a single level game which
performs the basic function!

Chris M. Thomasson

> > "Chris M. Thomasson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:TCepk.24218$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Chris M. Thomasson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:1yepk.24217$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "Adeel Hasan Akbari" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> Well, I never played spaceball; please educate me?

> > So far, the only info I have is that, humm... Well let me quote one of
> > your sentences:
> >
> > (The game in which there's a ball...etc)
> >

> > (Football... Volleyball... Soccer... Baseball... ect)

> Oh crap... Sorry for misquoting you! Your sentence was exactly:

"It is my humble request to you to provide me with the source code for
Spaceball (the game in which there's a ball...etc)."

Sorry about that non-sense.