Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Cooler Master Passive Hyper Z600 CPU Cooler

Cooler Master Passive Hyper Z600 CPU Cooler

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Xtreme Computing take a look at the Cooler Master Passive Hyper Z600 CPU Cooler, which weighs in at over 1kg!:

Quote:
Going in to this review I wasnít sure what to expect. I had a preconception that passive coolers just donít work very well and canít beat coolers with fans. I braced myself for the worst, but Cooler Masterís Hyper Z600 CPU cooler was able to change my preconceptions and perform remarkably well under Ďpassiveí conditions. With its huge size it has plenty of surface area for cooling, and just a small amount of airflow from case fans (and a PSU) are enough to keep it running pretty damn cool.

The Z600ís performance when a fan is attached is even better, but the Z600 doesnít come with one so it is additional cost after buying the cooler. With enough space in your case you can set up two fans on the Z600 in a push/pull config for even better temperatures. The Hyper Z600 can currently be found for just under £35 in the UK, and is quite a good price for the amount of cooler you get.
Read the review here.