Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Network Showing Up As Wired

Wireless Network Showing Up As Wired

Ricky

On my dell thats few years old I installed a Belkin USB wireless adapter. It
all worked fine at first.

Now the connection shows up as Local Area Connection 6 and it has no options
of wireless to speak of. When I installed the drivers I chose to let windows
manage the wireless.

I don't really care what it shows up as, but I cant choose what network I
connect to. I just want to be able to choose o connect to my network and not
my neighbors.

Thanks for any help.

Pavel A.

Ricky wrote:
> On my dell thats few years old I installed a Belkin USB wireless adapter. It
> all worked fine at first.
>
> Now the connection shows up as Local Area Connection 6 and it has no options
> of wireless to speak of. When I installed the drivers I chose to let windows
> manage the wireless.
>
> I don't really care what it shows up as, but I cant choose what network I
> connect to. I just want to be able to choose o connect to my network and not
> my neighbors.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Are you sure that the "Local area connection" device is
indeed the wireless, and not the ethernet card?

--PA

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Check the Device Manger, if the Wireless card does not appear there, unplug
the card,
Uninstall its software, reboot, and do a new install.
If it does not work you might need a new Wireless card.
In general, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...