Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Don´t find HTMLgen

Don´t find HTMLgen

econtreras.bantech@gmail.com

Good day Mr. Guido, excuse my poor english.

I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
referenced in www.python.org it does not exist.

I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

Thank a lot,

Ernesto,

Caracas, Venezuela.

Daniel Fetchinson

> Good day Mr. Guido, excuse my poor english.
>
> I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
> referenced in www.python.org it does not exist.
>
> I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
> traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

Since gentoo and debian (I think) were packaging it you can get it
from their package repositories.

Cheers,
Daniel

Gabriel Genellina

En Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:10:26 -0300, <(E-Mail Removed)>
escribi�:

> I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
> referenced in www.python.org it does not exist.
>
> I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
> traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

I like HyperText a lot more than HTMLGen - but it's no more available.
Both pyWeb <http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/docs/> and XIST
<http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/> have evolved from it.
But I prefer to use a templating system rather than building HTML by code
<http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating>

--
Gabriel Genellina

On 15 ago, 00:10, "Gabriel Genellina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> En Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:10:26 -0300, <(E-Mail Removed)> *
> escribi :
>
> > I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
> > referenced inwww.python.orgit does not exist.

> > I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
> > traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

> I like HyperText a lot more than HTMLGen - but it's no more available.
> Both pyWeb <http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/docs/> and XIST *
> <http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/> have evolved from it.
> But I prefer to use a templating system rather than building HTML by code *
> <http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating>
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

Thank a lote.

Walter Dörwald

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> En Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:10:26 -0300, <(E-Mail Removed)>
> escribi�:
>
>> I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
>> referenced in www.python.org it does not exist.
>>
>> I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
>> traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

> I like HyperText a lot more than HTMLGen - but it's no more available.
> Both pyWeb <http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/docs/> and XIST
> <http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/> have evolved from it.
> But I prefer to use a templating system rather than building HTML by
> code <http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating>

BTW, the newest version of XIST supports both (i.e. building HTML by
hand *and* a templating system). This templating system is even
crossplattform (currently Python and Java are supported).

Servus,
Walter

Tim Roberts

>On 15 ago, 00:10, "Gabriel Genellina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> En Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:10:26 -0300, <(E-Mail Removed)> *
>> escribi :
>>
>> > I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
>> > referenced inwww.python.orgit does not exist.

>> > I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
>> > traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

>> I like HyperText a lot more than HTMLGen - but it's no more available.
>> Both pyWeb <http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/docs/> and XIST *
>> <http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/> have evolved from it.
>> But I prefer to use a templating system rather than building HTML by code *
>> <http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating>

>Thank a lote.

Allow me to second this idea. I used to be a huge HTMLgen fan, and I built
several CGI web sites using it, but I am now convinced that a templating
solution is better in virtually every case.
--
Tim Roberts, (E-Mail Removed)
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.