Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Windows Update Break ASP.NET 1.0 on WinXP Pro

Re: Windows Update Break ASP.NET 1.0 on WinXP Pro

Maurice Walmsley

Can some please explain how to do this?

thanks

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jim Cheshire [MSFT]) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> If you are running ASP.NET 1.0 on Windows XP Professional and you install
> the latest critical updates from Windows Update (specifically the 822925
> cumulative IE patch), ASP.NET will no longer function.
>
> Symptom:
> "Server Application Unavailable" when browsing to ASP.NET applications.
>
> We are currently researching this issue and I will post information here as
> soon as it is available. In the interim, you can set the userName
> attribute in your machine.config's <processModel> element to "SYSTEM" and
> then restart IIS. Note that running the ASP.NET process under the SYSTEM
> account grants it a high privilege level.
>
> Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
> Developer Support
> ASP.NET
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> This post is provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights.

Andrew

In your .Net framework directory, there is a a file called machine.config

Look for the
<processModel element , it has a userName attribute

-A

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...