Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Copy Protection?

Copy Protection?

Twice Retired

Three kids @ Chaparral, 15, 14, 14, seem to be able to break any software
encryption. It took them all of 30 minutes to break the NEC code that
several “experts” said was unbreakable.
I was told many years ago that if someone was smart enough to copy-protect a
program, then there was someone just a bit smarter who could break it.

John Holmes

Twice Retired "contributed" in alt.computer:

> Three kids @ Chaparral, 15, 14, 14, seem to be able to break any
> software encryption. It took them all of 30 minutes to break the NEC
> code that several “experts” said was unbreakable.
> I was told many years ago that if someone was smart enough to
> copy-protect a program, then there was someone just a bit smarter who
> could break it.

OK, thanks for sharing.

--
<snip>

gnu / linux

On Aug 14, 5:51*pm, John Holmes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Twice Retired "contributed" in alt.computer:
>
> > Three kids @ Chaparral, 15, 14, 14, seem to be able to break any
> > software encryption. It took them all of 30 minutes to break the NEC
> > code that several “experts” said was unbreakable.
> > I was told many years ago that if someone was smart enough to
> > copy-protect a program, then there was someone just a bit smarter who
> > could break it.

> OK, thanks for sharing.
>
> --
> <snip>