Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > New to wireless

New to wireless

=?Utf-8?B?bG0=?=

I am new to wireless network and I have 4 desk tops a linksys router; modems
etc..
Q. How do I configure passphrase?
Q. I see other networks in my area. How do I disable my wirless from
watching other peoples network. I do not want to get in trouble.
Thank you

Malke

lm wrote:

> I am new to wireless network and I have 4 desk tops a linksys router;
> modems etc..
> Q. How do I configure passphrase?
> Q. I see other networks in my area. How do I disable my wirless from
> watching other peoples network. I do not want to get in trouble.
> Thank you

Here are some good places to start:

Wireless - Basic Configuration -

Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com

=?Utf-8?B?bG0=?=

Thank you Malke. I will let youk know the results.
tnx

"Malke" wrote:

> lm wrote:
>
> > I am new to wireless network and I have 4 desk tops a linksys router;
> > modems etc..
> > Q. How do I configure passphrase?
> > Q. I see other networks in my area. How do I disable my wirless from
> > watching other peoples network. I do not want to get in trouble.
> > Thank you

> Here are some good places to start:
>
> Wireless - Basic Configuration -
> http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
>
> Wireless - Basic Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
>
> MVP Barb Bowman on wireless security - http://tinyurl.com/56fc5
>
> Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...uy/cg0604.mspx
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> In Memoriam - MVP Alex Nichol
> The world is diminished without him.

=?Utf-8?B?UXVpbnRpbg==?=

Do what Malke suggested and dont worry about having other peoples networks
displayed as long as you do not access them without permission you will not
be in trouble.

Cheers

Quintin
MVP wannabe