Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > When I ping another machine, it replies from my ip address and fails

When I ping another machine, it replies from my ip address and fails

Newbie

Hi,

I have a few machines connected to an Airport Express device. Everything was
working fine but now there seems to be a problem

When I try to ping my win2003 from any vista desktop machine using the IP
address it fails, but seems to ping my machines address.

Ping 192.168.0.10

Reply from 192.168.0.43: Destination host unreachable
Reply from 192.168.0.43: Destination host unreachable
Reply from 192.168.0.43: Destination host unreachable

The (43) changes to be the IP address of the machine thats doing the
ping....

Whats happening here ?????

Spaceman

It looks like you have an alternate address setup in the IP settings
on that computer.
Open the IPV4 properties and look for the
Alternate configuration tab and in it click to check
the
Automatic private IP address box so it does not use
the user cinfigured IP that it seems to be trying to use.

--
James M Driscoll Jr
MCTS (Vista)

news:uJM%23PfP$(E-Mail Removed)...