Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: What is better, Seagate Slim drives or the 3 head models

Re: What is better, Seagate Slim drives or the 3 head models

EMB

Freesias wrote:
> No meantimebeforefailure rating? Surely that means that rating is not
> good. Therefore wouldn't you pick the device for which they've published
> failure data?

Woger as usual is wrong. MTBFs for all 7200.10 drives is at the below
link, and is identical for ATA & SATA drives regardless of configuration
or capacity.

http://www.seagate.com/docs/pdf/data...da_7200_10.pdf

Incidentally the 7200.11 series have a slightly better MTBF and better
performance.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "EMB" typed:
> Freesias wrote:
>> No meantimebeforefailure rating? Surely that means that rating is not
>> good. Therefore wouldn't you pick the device for which they've
>> published failure data?

> Woger as usual is wrong. MTBFs for all 7200.10 drives is at the below
> link, and is identical for ATA & SATA drives regardless of
> configuration or capacity.
>
> http://www.seagate.com/docs/pdf/data...da_7200_10.pdf
>
> Incidentally the 7200.11 series have a slightly better MTBF and better
> performance.

Aha! There's EMB's posts. And Nics, Jasens and a few others, dating back to
the 7th, only now showing up.

I don't know if it's at my end (Actrix) of if you guys have something in
common?

Good to see you back anyway.
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Jasen Betts

On 2008-08-13, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I don't know if it's at my end (Actrix) of if you guys have something in
> common?

xnet was having some problems with its international newsfeed. fixed
now though. but I don't know if that's related.

Bye.
Jasen

EMB

Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2008-08-13, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I don't know if it's at my end (Actrix) of if you guys have something in
>> common?

> xnet was having some problems with its international newsfeed. fixed
> now though. but I don't know if that's related.

It probably is - I kicked the **** out of their helldesk over the
weekend and then emailed on Monday for them to pass on to the tech guys
as they appeared unaware of any problem. I've had no acknowledgment but
the sudden flow of offshore posts makes me think the issue has been
resolved.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "EMB" typed:
> Jasen Betts wrote:
>> On 2008-08-13, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know if it's at my end (Actrix) of if you guys have
>>> something in common?

>> xnet was having some problems with its international newsfeed. fixed
>> now though. but I don't know if that's related.

> It probably is - I kicked the **** out of their helldesk over the
> weekend and then emailed on Monday for them to pass on to the tech
> guys as they appeared unaware of any problem. I've had no
> acknowledgment but the sudden flow of offshore posts makes me think
> the issue has been resolved.

Cool. Good to have you guys back.