Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IE6 Empty Cells

IE6 Empty Cells

Microsoft Newsserver

I know this is not really an asp.net issue.But I know this is the home of
the experts so I thought I would ask anyway.

I am trying to reduce traffic and would prefer to have empty cells empty.
Unfortunately IE6 does not support the empty-cells css style. So Im looking
for some way to allow me to display nothing without having to resort to
  which takes 6 characters.

I could put a period of the same colour as the background, but does anyone
know of an alternative ?

Cheers

Scott M.

  is the way to do it.

I really wouldn't worry about any extra bandwidth due to 6 chars. repeated
many times. Even if it was included in your table 1,000 times it would only
be 6k (using UTF- and 6k will not bottleneck your page.

-Scott

news:OaHN0TG$(E-Mail Removed)...