Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > how to get C++ language specifications

how to get C++ language specifications

Premal

Hi ALL,

Is there any place from where I can download C++ language
specifications? I am looking for C++ specifications means how function
call works, how memory is allocated etc... I am searching for such
specifications or standards which is provided for compiler
development. I think such standards must be written somewhere using
which different vendors provide their compilers. Reason I am looking
for such standards is I want to go deep into C++ and want to know how C
++ is designed. After working 4yrs on application side using C++ I
like to dig deep inside C++ specifications.

Thanx in advance for your help.

Regards,
Premal Panchal

mlimber

On Aug 11, 10:29*am, Premal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is there any place from where I can download C++ language
> specifications? I am looking for C++ specifications means how function
> call works, how memory is allocated etc... I am searching for such
> specifications or standards which is provided for compiler
> development. I think such standards must be written somewhere using
> which different vendors provide their compilers. *Reason I am looking
> for such standards is I want to go deep into C++ and want to know how C
> ++ is designed. After working 4yrs on application side using C++ I
> like to dig deep inside C++ specifications.

See this FAQ:

Consider also Stroustrup's _Design and Evolution of C++_.

Cheers! --M

Premal

On Aug 11, 7:32*pm, mlimber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 10:29*am, Premal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Is there any place from where I can download C++ language
> > specifications? I am looking for C++ specifications means how function
> > call works, how memory is allocated etc... I am searching for such
> > specifications or standards which is provided for compiler
> > development. I think such standards must be written somewhere using
> > which different vendors provide their compilers. *Reason I am looking
> > for such standards is I want to go deep into C++ and want to know how C
> > ++ is designed. After working 4yrs on application side using C++ I
> > like to dig deep inside C++ specifications.

> See this FAQ:
>
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit....html#faq-6.13
>
> Consider also Stroustrup's _Design and Evolution of C++_.
>
> Cheers! --M

hi,

thanx for your support. I will visit site given by you. I hope I will
find there what I want.

again thanx a lot for your quick response.

Regards,
Premal Panchal

asm23

mlimber wrote:
> On Aug 11, 10:29 am, Premal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Is there any place from where I can download C++ language
>> specifications? I am looking for C++ specifications means how function
>> call works, how memory is allocated etc... I am searching for such
>> specifications or standards which is provided for compiler
>> development. I think such standards must be written somewhere using
>> which different vendors provide their compilers. Reason I am looking
>> for such standards is I want to go deep into C++ and want to know how C
>> ++ is designed. After working 4yrs on application side using C++ I
>> like to dig deep inside C++ specifications.

> See this FAQ:
>
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit....html#faq-6.13
>
> Consider also Stroustrup's _Design and Evolution of C++_.
>
> Cheers! --M

I agree!
This book is a deep view of C++, Maybe, the source code of GCC is also a
good stuff.

DTD to Schema (W3C): Is it possible to combine datatyping at element level and attribute value specifications??? Ingrid XML 0 08-03-2004 12:26 PM
Supermicro slocket - socket 370 to slot 1adapter - anyone have specifications ??? no-name Computer Support 0 06-07-2004 07:48 PM
Q : Music XML specifications ? JCR XML 1 11-19-2003 06:52 PM
NM-1CE1B cable specifications Helmut Ulrich Cisco 2 07-22-2003 04:14 PM

Advertisments