Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Framework 1.0 ad 1.1 running side by side configuration problems?

Framework 1.0 ad 1.1 running side by side configuration problems?

Juan Posadas

All,
I deployed my website that requires V1.1 in the
production server. I installed the framework v1.1 with
the dotnetfx.exe /c:"install /noaspupgrade" and
everything went fine.

Then, I installed my app via and installation pkg.
without a proble,
Then, I ran the following command to tell IIS to run my
app with V1.1
aspnet_regiis.exe w3svc\1\1root\Myapp
which did the job.

However, when I try to run it it gives me a blank page:
Page caanot be displayed
TTP Error 500.

Q1. How can I make visible the actual error rather than
the default error page?
Q2. Should be 2 separate ASP.Net processes running for
the 2 diiferent versions: aspnet_wp.exe?
Q3. Do I need to configure something on the IIS?

I remembered that when I installed V1.0 long time ago, I
had to start the aspnet_wp.exe manually for the fist
time.

PS: I deployed the same app in two other testing-servers
and they worked fine. However, they only had V1.1
installed.

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Juan,

I have reviewed your issue. Due to the nature of your issue I need to do
additional research to determine the best way to provide assistance.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
<MCSD>

Juan Posadas

Jacob,
Thank you for your effort. Actually, the problem is
that I'm running both framework versions side by side in
the same server. When I installed the V1.1 I did it
as "noaspupgrade" not to affect any website on the
server. In order to make my website use the new release I
had to run the aspnet_regiis.exe w3svc\1\1root\Myapp from
the new release directory. Thus, when I see the
properties for this website it DOES reflect the change;
however, when I run it (Login.aspx) It does not egt
serviced (Page cannot be displayed. Error on the server)

Thank you for your help in advance.

JP

following
>information with you:
>
>1. To see the more information about the error message,

please try to
>configure the Internet Explorer script debugging

options. To do this,
>follow these steps:
>
>1) Open Internet Explorer.
>2) On the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options".
>3) In the "Internet Options" dialog box,

click "Advanced".
>4) Click to clear the "Disable script debugging " check

box.
>5) Click to select the "Display a notification about

every script error"
>check box.
>6) Click "OK".
>
>2. To check and configure which .NET Framework is used

in IIS, please
>perform the following steps:
>
>1) Open "Internet Information Services".
>2) Right click the folder of your web application and

select "Properties".
>3) In the Directory tab, click the "ConfigurationĦ*"

button.
>4) Select the ".aspx" extension and double click it.
>5) In the field of "Executable", you will find which

version
>aspnet_isapi.dll is used.
>6) If you want to change it, please click the "BrowseĦ*"

button.

>Does it answer your question? If I have misunderstood

your concern, please
>let me know.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Jacob Yang
>Microsoft Online Partner Support
><MCSD>
>Get Secure! ¨C www.microsoft.com/security
>This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and

confers no rights.

>.

Natty Gur

Hi,

check if isapifilter of the site/computer is set to the 1.1 framework.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

HI Juan,

Please perform the following steps on your side and tell me if you see any
new error message:

1) Open Internet Explorer.
2) On the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options".
3) In the "Internet Options" dialog box, click "Advanced".
4) Click to clear the "Show friendly HTTP error messages " check box.
5) Click "Apply" and "OK".
6) Test your web application again

Best regrds,