Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > No files visible when Opening project from web.

No files visible when Opening project from web.

Rob Mayo

I know this seems like a noob question, but...

Our group is working on a development server (Win2K Server, IIS 5.0) in
which we are all Administors. On this server, we set up our projects by
first creating the appropriate folder on Under
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\<ProjectName>. Then we create a virtual directory in IIS
pointing to that folder. Then we create a new project on our own machines
(Win2K) using FrontPage Extensions.

For each of the projects we create, we are only ever able to open the ones
that we did individually via the .sln files on our own machines. We want to
be able to work on other people's projects within our group.

For example:
Programmer A:
Creates folder ... "Application_Steve"
Creates virtual Directory "Application_Steve"
Creates ASP.Net Project "Application_Steve"
Saves Solution file(s) on "Workstation_Steve"
Programmer B:
Creates folder ... "Application_Rob"
Creates virtual Directory "Application_Rob"
Creates ASP.Net Project "Application_Rob"
Saves Solution file(s) on "Workstation_Rob"

Programmer B (Rob) wants to work on Programmer A's project
(Application_Steve)
Programmer B goes to File --> Open --> Project from Web
Programmer B enters <servername>
Programmer B sees Application_Rob & Application_Steve listed.
When selecting either, no files appear in dialog box. Expected
Application_Steve.vbproj

Anybody know what's going on, here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.