Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > WinXP x64 - SFC Scannow

WinXP x64 - SFC Scannow

LDJ

Hello Anybody!

Having nothing else to do I tried to run the SFC /Scannow command on
my wifes WinXPx64 PC.

It didn't work. I got a msg. telling that I needed to insert the
original install CD, (which was already in the DVD drive), and the
process couldn't continue.

I have been thinking of slipstreaming SP2 some day, and I thought that
now was the right time to do it. I found a nice description, on how to
perform the slipstream operation, here:

Create a Windows XP Professional x64 SP2 Slipstream CD

http://www.start64.com/index.php?opt...=705&Itemid=98

After having made the CD, I inserted the original CD in the DVD drive,
and a slipstreamed WinXPx64_SP2_CD.ISO in a virtual DVD drive (there is
only one DVD drive in my wifes PC) and the SFC /scannow process finished
without error msg's.

However, after the process had finished, it didn't show msg's regarding
found errors (or no errors found), as the finished operation would do,
if the SFC /scannow operation was performed from Vista x64.

I'd like to know where the log from the SFC /scannow operation can be
found? Do any of you have an idea?

Regards
LDJ

PH

maybe in event veiwer, system error logs. don't know for sure but maybe
worth a look.