Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Position fixed and IE7

Re: Position fixed and IE7

Neredbojias

On 09 Aug 2008, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

> I have an app where position fixed works for FF and IE6 (with
> workaround). On IE7, the popup doesn't stay fixed in one place.
>
> The URL is http://www.sheldonlg.com/popup/popupLoc.html
>
> Click of "Show" and then scroll up and down to see what I mean. It is
> supposed to stay in the same place in the window.

Maybe ie7's position:fixed; needs to be fixed (-yuk yuk yuk).

Btw, what's:

* html .exclude_form_class {position:absolute;}

....for?

> We got the coding from somewhere online.

Goodness! No wonder.

> Any help will be appreciated. (I am actually much more of a back-end,
> php, programmer than html or javascript).

Hey, you have something in common with Gus Richter although he's a rump
ranger of a different ilk.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.net/

Neredbojias

On 09 Aug 2008, Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 09 Aug 2008, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
>
>> I have an app where position fixed works for FF and IE6 (with
>> workaround). On IE7, the popup doesn't stay fixed in one place.
>>
>> The URL is http://www.sheldonlg.com/popup/popupLoc.html
>>
>> Click of "Show" and then scroll up and down to see what I mean. It is
>> supposed to stay in the same place in the window.

> Maybe ie7's position:fixed; needs to be fixed (-yuk yuk yuk).
>
> Btw, what's:
>
> * html .exclude_form_class {position:absolute;}
>
> ...for?
>
>> We got the coding from somewhere online.

> Goodness! No wonder.
>
>> Any help will be appreciated. (I am actually much more of a back-end,
>> php, programmer than html or javascript).

> Hey, you have something in common with Gus Richter although he's a rump
> ranger of a different ilk.

Hey, I think I found it. Your ie comment is in the middle of the style
section. Move it outside the existing styles section and create a 2nd style
section within the comment. (There may be more, but that's one thing wrong.)

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.net/