Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > PDF forms filling with ASP.NET, interactive forms, fill and write to database (iText or FDF Toolkit or ...)

PDF forms filling with ASP.NET, interactive forms, fill and write to database (iText or FDF Toolkit or ...)

Toni Pohl

Hi,

some years ago Ive implemented an classic ASP form which fills in data from
a database into a PD-form. I used the free FDF Toolkit which worked very
well. After submitting the PDF the asp-form reads the data of the datafields
and write them into the database again.

Now I want to implement an improved ASP.NET version with VB.NET and I found
iText.net.
- FDF seems to be completly outdated?

With iText I found out that using the PDFstamper seems to manipluate PDF
templates. But it seems I loose any interactivity when using iText - alle my
textfields are rendered as rectangles and are no longer editable.

So, my question is:
What would be a proper way to re-implement the same functionalitility as my
old ASP and FDF way did?

Shall I still use FDF (COM)? Is there a workaorund using iText.net with
interactive forms?
Are there any other free tools for using online PDF forms with ASP.NET?

Thanks for ideas,
Toni

Toni Pohl

Hi Mark,

thanks for your tipp. The toolbox looks great - but also the price.

I know the FDF toolkit is not best way - therefore Im looking for a new
alternative for .net.
It seems there doesnt exist a free kit for .net, only "big" products with
lot of functionality and big price.
But Ill take a look into the aspose-toolkit.

If anybody has other workarounds for filling in and reading form data in PDF
in .NET pls. post.

Thanks,
Toni

news:udVCkMj%(E-Mail Removed)...

FDF Toolkit with ASP.NET a.mustaq@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 10-08-2007 07:06 AM
Help FDF Toolkit Mirko Java 0 11-11-2004 07:45 AM
FDF to PDF in Python? Sean Berry Python 1 04-06-2004 09:14 AM
How to get and save PDF submitted from FDF form? SWu ASP .Net 0 01-13-2004 03:02 AM
ALL Downloads .EXE,. ZIP,.Setup Come up as PDF.FDF---Help???? Fred Evans Computer Support 2 07-15-2003 12:45 AM

Advertisments