Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Laptop front-located mic & headset sockets

Laptop front-located mic & headset sockets

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

A design fault methinks, 'cause if used on your lap, it puts a fair
degree of stress onto the socket & I fear therefore onto the
motherboard itself.
Earlier laptops had them positioned at the rear (of my Toshibas) and
more recently at the side of my IBM.
WTF?

EMB

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
> A design fault methinks, 'cause if used on your lap, it puts a fair
> degree of stress onto the socket & I fear therefore onto the
> motherboard itself.
> Earlier laptops had them positioned at the rear (of my Toshibas) and
> more recently at the side of my IBM.
> WTF?

It proves that Acer (who put the sockets at the front) are a pack of
impractical wankers who don't believe anyone ever actually uses a laptop
on their lap (all 3 members of this household do).

I've just looked at the 11 different laptop models that are here at the
moment[1]; 5 IBM/Lenovo & 4 HP laptops have side mounted sockets, but
the 2 Acers have them front mounted.

[1] I'm not as ****ed up as that statement makes me sound - most of them
belong to clients and are here for initial build/rebuild/repair.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "EMB" typed:
> Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
>> A design fault methinks, 'cause if used on your lap, it puts a fair
>> degree of stress onto the socket & I fear therefore onto the
>> motherboard itself.
>> Earlier laptops had them positioned at the rear (of my Toshibas) and
>> more recently at the side of my IBM.
>> WTF?

> It proves that Acer (who put the sockets at the front) are a pack of
> impractical wankers who don't believe anyone ever actually uses a
> laptop on their lap (all 3 members of this household do).
>
> I've just looked at the 11 different laptop models that are here at
> the moment[1]; 5 IBM/Lenovo & 4 HP laptops have side mounted sockets,
> but the 2 Acers have them front mounted.
>

> [1] I'm not as ****ed up as that statement makes me sound - most of
> them belong to clients and are here for initial build/rebuild/repair.

What are you trying to say???????

I only have 6 PCs hooked up to monitors and mouse/keyboards in this room!
(Using KVMs, there's not that many monitors here, honest.)

And they're all mine.

--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Web Cam with Mic, Computer with Mic-- Why won't they stop fighting? torey99 Computer Information 1 03-06-2009 10:06 PM
Converting cell-phone headset to computer headset logisticky@nospam_yahoo.com VOIP 12 04-09-2008 03:22 PM
Recommendation for wired/usb/bluetooth headset slim mic boom? Tim UK VOIP 1 02-19-2006 04:42 PM
PC headset/mic jez Computer Support 2 09-01-2005 06:40 AM
Can anyone suggest a good headset/mic for chat and speech recognition for less than $30? Jeff M. Ingram Computer Support 0 01-19-2004 10:52 PM

Advertisments