Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Remove x64

Remove x64

I installed x64 in the same partition as XP. DUH... I was told if I have an
AMD x2 cpu I needed x64. I can dual boot and found that that I don't want
x64. Can I just delete the x64 related folders and files and make my system
a single boot sys again??? The other OS is WinXP. If I do a sys restore to
a point prior to loading x64, will that remove the x64 OS?
This is my first visit here.
OOPS wrong site
Hope I'm in the right place this time..nope, wrong site
Maybe this is the correct place.....

Charlie Russel - MVP

You're right, installing into the same partition is a bad idea.

The only good way to fix this is to do a clean install - format the
partition and install 32-bit XP into it. Trying to make it work now will
only create problems and you'll have a system that is unsupportable and will
behave badly.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"82716" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I installed x64 in the same partition as XP. DUH... I was told if I have
>an
> AMD x2 cpu I needed x64. I can dual boot and found that that I don't want
> x64. Can I just delete the x64 related folders and files and make my
> system
> a single boot sys again??? The other OS is WinXP. If I do a sys restore
> a point prior to loading x64, will that remove the x64 OS?
> This is my first visit here.
> OOPS wrong site
> Hope I'm in the right place this time..nope, wrong site
> Maybe this is the correct place.....

PH

put in xp disk, restart computer to install xp (not x64).go through as to
install
xp. when it comes up to install, delete, or repair, delete x64 and it will
delete
the x64 off the partition. be sure to save any files off x64 you want to keep
before this process.

"82716" wrote:

> I installed x64 in the same partition as XP. DUH... I was told if I have an
> AMD x2 cpu I needed x64. I can dual boot and found that that I don't want
> x64. Can I just delete the x64 related folders and files and make my system
> a single boot sys again??? The other OS is WinXP. If I do a sys restore to
> a point prior to loading x64, will that remove the x64 OS?
> This is my first visit here.
> OOPS wrong site
> Hope I'm in the right place this time..nope, wrong site
> Maybe this is the correct place.....

Thanks... This makes sense.