Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ihug email blacklisted!!

Ihug email blacklisted!!

greg

I've had several emails recently bounce back saying that the ip address
has been blacklisted, After talking to another ihug customer, they have
discovered that emails they have been sending to a clearnet user have
been put in their webmail spam folder, due to the same problem, any
other ihug users have the same problem?

Greg

Adam

greg wrote:

> . . . any other ihug users have
> the same problem?

Not yet.

EMB

greg wrote:

> I've had several emails recently bounce back saying that the ip address
> has been blacklisted, After talking to another ihug customer, they have
> discovered that emails they have been sending to a clearnet user have
> been put in their webmail spam folder, due to the same problem, any
> other ihug users have the same problem?

Ihug's MX is listed at SORBS.

Tony

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:489d31c1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> greg wrote:
>>

>> I've had several emails recently bounce back saying that the ip address
>> has been blacklisted, After talking to another ihug customer, they have
>> discovered that emails they have been sending to a clearnet user have
>> been put in their webmail spam folder, due to the same problem, any other
>> ihug users have the same problem?

> Ihug's MX is listed at SORBS.

Any ISP using SORBS in their blacklists is completely irresponsible. SORBS
is the worst run list you could possibly deal with. Its all about Matthew
Sullivans little power trip and nothing whatsoever to do with spam.