Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: ~misfit~ crashes his computer.

Re: ~misfit~ crashes his computer.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Angel of Paradise.." typed:
> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 18:55:52 +1200 Brian Mathews
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> It turns out his Kill files was bigger than his hard drive..
>>
>> Me thinks this person has problems, as all he quotes is how many
>> people he kill files.
>>
>> May be he should be reported to the Police for murder..
>>
>> May be he should wake up and smell the roses..

> Thanks Brian your posts can be very helpful, not like the Juveniles
> in this news group, do what I did, stick them all in a Kill file,
> mine is very large now..
>
> Then you don't have to here all these rants and raves, I wonder what
> the world thinks of this news group, not a very good image of New
> Zealand..

LOL! I really seem to attract stalkers wherever I go. Another fan thread!

Another one to archive. <g> I have quite a collection now.

Jealousy is an ugly thing when it's paraded in public like this.

Oh, I've just ordered a new CPU for my computer. An E7300. It has a
multiplier of 10x and is a 45nm dual-core part so I'm hoping to run it on a
400MHz bus, synchronously with my DDR2-800 RAM for a CPU speed of 4GHz. My
mobo will do 400MHz easilly, it's running at 414MHz at the moment (1,656 FSB
in Intel-speak.)

I won't eat anything other than porridge for at least the rest of the month
but it's the price I pay for my hardware addiction.

Take care Rogers,
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Murray Symon" typed:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Angel of Paradise.." typed:

>>> Thanks Brian your posts can be very helpful, not like the Juveniles
>>> in this news group, do what I did, stick them all in a Kill file,
>>> mine is very large now..
>>>
>>> Then you don't have to here all these rants and raves, I wonder what
>>> the world thinks of this news group, not a very good image of New
>>> Zealand..

>> LOL! I really seem to attract stalkers wherever I go. Another fan
>> thread!
>>
>> Another one to archive. <g> I have quite a collection now.
>>
>> Jealousy is an ugly thing when it's paraded in public like this.
>>
>> Oh, I've just ordered a new CPU for my computer. An E7300. It has a
>> multiplier of 10x and is a 45nm dual-core part so I'm hoping to run
>> it on a 400MHz bus, synchronously with my DDR2-800 RAM for a CPU
>> speed of 4GHz. My mobo will do 400MHz easilly, it's running at
>> 414MHz at the moment (1,656 FSB in Intel-speak.)
>>
>> I won't eat anything other than porridge for at least the rest of the
>> month but it's the price I pay for my hardware addiction.
>>
>> Take care Rogers,

> Shaun,
> It's concerning that every time you buy something significant you
> seem to downgrade your diet. I know you're on a limited budget,
> but surely there's not much further that you can go in this way?
> What's the next step down from a diet of ONLY porridge for a
> WHOLE month.
> (ps. I don't fancy porridge much, myself).

Thanks for the concern Murray, appreciated.

Seriously though, it's pretty much my only vice, habit, hobby... I'm an
overclocker. I don't smoke, drink very rarely, can't afford to go out (so I
don't have issues with my anxiety disorder there, a bonus). I could list a
whole bunch of things that I *don't* do that most people take for granted. I
get my kicks from hardware in general, overclocking in particular.

Actually it's a very cheap hobby/vice compared with most. It's good that's
the case as I don't have money to spare. I've got enough pre-cooked
mince/onions and poached chicken/chicken stock (t'was on special at P'n S)
in meal base sized single serve portions in the freezer to last a few weeks
or more for every second day. Also got a 10kg bag of spuds, ~50 packs of
noodles (on special, again), a couple bags of rice and sundry pasta. I kept
the fat from the chicken (schmaltz) after I'd poached it and taken the meat
off the skin/bones and made stock. (With the dog getting what's left,
nothing's wasted here.) With some chicken fat blended with olive oil and
some stock I make a wicked cheap chicken rissotto. Oh, and half-a-dozen cans
each of salmon/budget baked beans/tomatoes from when they were on special.
All I need to buy for a few weeks are a few veges, some cheese/wholemeal
bread to go with the 60kg of pickled onions I bottled last month and to keep
my herbs/spices/sauces replenished as each gets low.

50% of my diet is porridge I guess (and, as a matter of fact, I don't much
like it either!) sometimes with whatever fruit's cheap cut into it. My GP
prescribes me multivitamins and fibre.

I can't wait to get my new CPU. Silly me, ordering on a Friday!

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Craig Sutton

"Murray Symon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Angel of Paradise.." typed:

>>> Thanks Brian your posts can be very helpful, not like the Juveniles
>>> in this news group, do what I did, stick them all in a Kill file,
>>> mine is very large now..
>>>
>>> Then you don't have to here all these rants and raves, I wonder what
>>> the world thinks of this news group, not a very good image of New
>>> Zealand..

>> LOL! I really seem to attract stalkers wherever I go. Another fan thread!
>>
>> Another one to archive. <g> I have quite a collection now.
>>
>> Jealousy is an ugly thing when it's paraded in public like this.
>>
>> Oh, I've just ordered a new CPU for my computer. An E7300. It has a
>> multiplier of 10x and is a 45nm dual-core part so I'm hoping to run it on
>> a 400MHz bus, synchronously with my DDR2-800 RAM for a CPU speed of 4GHz.
>> My mobo will do 400MHz easilly, it's running at 414MHz at the moment
>> (1,656 FSB in Intel-speak.)
>>
>> I won't eat anything other than porridge for at least the rest of the
>> month but it's the price I pay for my hardware addiction.
>>
>> Take care Rogers,

> Shaun,
> It's concerning that every time you buy something significant you
> seem to downgrade your diet. I know you're on a limited budget,
> but surely there's not much further that you can go in this way?
> What's the next step down from a diet of ONLY porridge for a
> WHOLE month.
> (ps. I don't fancy porridge much, myself).
>
> Murray

Shauns out in his garden digging for worms..

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 20:23:29 +1200, Craig Sutton <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in <news:g7jk1c$6q2$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> "Murray Symon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>
>>> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Angel of Paradise.." typed:

>>> LOL! I really seem to attract stalkers wherever I go. Another fan thread!
>>>
>>> Another one to archive. <g> I have quite a collection now.
>>>
>>> Jealousy is an ugly thing when it's paraded in public like this.
>>>
>>> Oh, I've just ordered a new CPU for my computer. An E7300. It has a
>>> multiplier of 10x and is a 45nm dual-core part so I'm hoping to run it on
>>> a 400MHz bus, synchronously with my DDR2-800 RAM for a CPU speed of 4GHz.
>>> My mobo will do 400MHz easilly, it's running at 414MHz at the moment
>>> (1,656 FSB in Intel-speak.)
>>>
>>> I won't eat anything other than porridge for at least the rest of the
>>> month but it's the price I pay for my hardware addiction.
>>>
>>> Take care Rogers,

>> Shaun,
>> It's concerning that every time you buy something significant you
>> seem to downgrade your diet. I know you're on a limited budget,
>> but surely there's not much further that you can go in this way?
>> What's the next step down from a diet of ONLY porridge for a
>> WHOLE month.
>> (ps. I don't fancy porridge much, myself).
>>
>> Murray

> Shauns out in his garden digging for worms..

Then you had best start burrowing real deep, real fast.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Craig Sutton" typed:
> "Murray Symon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:1218251117.709879@ftpsrv1...
>> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>
>>> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Angel of Paradise.." typed:

>>> LOL! I really seem to attract stalkers wherever I go. Another fan
>>> thread! Another one to archive. <g> I have quite a collection now.
>>>
>>> Jealousy is an ugly thing when it's paraded in public like this.
>>>
>>> Oh, I've just ordered a new CPU for my computer. An E7300. It has a
>>> multiplier of 10x and is a 45nm dual-core part so I'm hoping to run
>>> it on a 400MHz bus, synchronously with my DDR2-800 RAM for a CPU
>>> speed of 4GHz. My mobo will do 400MHz easilly, it's running at
>>> 414MHz at the moment (1,656 FSB in Intel-speak.)
>>>
>>> I won't eat anything other than porridge for at least the rest of
>>> the month but it's the price I pay for my hardware addiction.
>>>
>>> Take care Rogers,

>> Shaun,
>> It's concerning that every time you buy something significant you
>> seem to downgrade your diet. I know you're on a limited budget,
>> but surely there's not much further that you can go in this way?
>> What's the next step down from a diet of ONLY porridge for a
>> WHOLE month.
>> (ps. I don't fancy porridge much, myself).
>>
>> Murray

> Shauns out in his garden digging for worms..

LOL! Well, I *do* try to make the most of my garden, physical limitations
notwithstanding.

Anything for a new toy.....

As I detailed in my reply to Murray, I exaggerate slightly. My cooking
skills stand me in good stead, it's amazing what you can do with knowledge,
a freezer and working the supermarket specials. I think it's more that,
because I really don't like porridige much and it's more than 50% of the
bulk of my diet, it sometimes seems to me that it's all that I eat. It does
have it's advantages though, it makes a simple rissotto or a cheese and
pickled onion sandwich taste like fillet steak!

Anyway, who needs food when I've got a 45nm CPU on it's way? <rubs hands
together gleefully>

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Michael

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Craig Sutton" typed:
>> "Murray Symon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:1218251117.709879@ftpsrv1...

>>> Shaun,
>>> It's concerning that every time you buy something significant you
>>> seem to downgrade your diet. I know you're on a limited budget,
>>> but surely there's not much further that you can go in this way?
>>> What's the next step down from a diet of ONLY porridge for a
>>> WHOLE month.
>>> (ps. I don't fancy porridge much, myself).
>>>
>>> Murray

>> Shauns out in his garden digging for worms..

> LOL! Well, I *do* try to make the most of my garden, physical limitations
> notwithstanding.
>
> Anything for a new toy.....
>
> As I detailed in my reply to Murray, I exaggerate slightly. My cooking
> skills stand me in good stead, it's amazing what you can do with
> knowledge, a freezer and working the supermarket specials. I think it's
> more that, because I really don't like porridige much and it's more than
> 50% of the bulk of my diet, it sometimes seems to me that it's all that I
> eat. It does have it's advantages though, it makes a simple rissotto or a
> cheese and pickled onion sandwich taste like fillet steak!
>
> Anyway, who needs food when I've got a 45nm CPU on it's way? <rubs hands
> together gleefully>

Ah yes, it should make a tasty sandwich
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=248207

Michael

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Michael" typed:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Craig Sutton" typed:
>>> "Murray Symon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:1218251117.709879@ftpsrv1...

>>> Shauns out in his garden digging for worms..

>> LOL! Well, I *do* try to make the most of my garden, physical
>> limitations notwithstanding.
>>
>> Anything for a new toy.....
>>
>> As I detailed in my reply to Murray, I exaggerate slightly. My
>> cooking skills stand me in good stead, it's amazing what you can do
>> with knowledge, a freezer and working the supermarket specials. I
>> think it's more that, because I really don't like porridige much and
>> it's more than 50% of the bulk of my diet, it sometimes seems to me
>> that it's all that I eat. It does have it's advantages though, it
>> makes a simple rissotto or a cheese and pickled onion sandwich taste
>> like fillet steak! Anyway, who needs food when I've got a 45nm CPU on
>> it's way? <rubs
>> hands together gleefully>
>>

> Ah yes, it should make a tasty sandwich
> http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=248207

Hi Michael,

Yes, looks very tasty indeed. I'll be happy if I can get 4GHz without insane
voltages (anything under 1.375V). It'll be a step-up from my E4500 @ 3.32GHz
speed-wise, larger L2 cache and more efficient architecture (more MIPs per
Hz).

I have a mobo for the soon-to-be displaced E4500 that takes AGP and DDR
(already running, I had that with the E4500 first before moving to this mobo
as the other isn't very overclockable). Hopefully I'll find someone
interested in buying the 'old' kit so I can have some bread with that
sandwich.

LOL, I shouldn't be posting about this under that subject. If I believed in
that sort of thing it would be bad ju-ju. <g>

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

bugalugs

~misfit~ wrote:
>s the other isn't very overclockable). Hopefully I'll find someone
> interested in buying the 'old' kit so I can have some bread with that
> sandwich.

Shaun

I could be interested depending on what it is. Can't get your gmail
address to work so so could you drop me an email. My address on this is
'usable'

Cam

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "bugalugs" typed:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> s the other isn't very overclockable). Hopefully I'll find someone
>> interested in buying the 'old' kit so I can have some bread with that
>> sandwich.
>>

> Shaun
>
> I could be interested depending on what it is. Can't get your gmail
> address to work so so could you drop me an email. My address on this
> is 'usable'
>
> Cam

Hi Cam. Email sent. The (yahoo) return-to addy I use here is fudged and
almost never checked. The gmail addy that I've mentioned in posts from
time-to-time works well usually although gmail was down for a time
yesterday.

Cheers,