Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Axis2 1.4 How to modify soap envelope attributes?

Axis2 1.4 How to modify soap envelope attributes?

zigzagdna@yahoo.com

I am using AXIS 2 1.4. I have written a client using AXIS2 which calls
a =
third party web service written using Webmethods (not AXIS).
I am using AXIOM API. When I look at the SOAP message sent:
<?xml version=3D'1.0' encoding=3D'UTF-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope =
xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soapenv:Body><tns:TestRPC =
xmlns:tns=3D"http://10.35.16.31/"><tns:Input1>test100</tns:Input1></
tns:T=
estRPC></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
It only has xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope
in =
SOAP Enevelope.=20
I want to add xsd and xsi namespaces
<soapenv:Envelope =
xmlnssi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" =
xmlnssd=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" =
xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" =
xmlnsu0=3D"http://10.35.16.31/
PU023_QM_TrackWise_V1.TrackWise_to_SAP.ma=
ps">

How do I do it using AXIOM API. Apprecaite any pointers.

Mike Schilling

> I am using AXIS 2 1.4. I have written a client using AXIS2 which
> calls
> a =
> third party web service written using Webmethods (not AXIS).
> I am using AXIOM API. When I look at the SOAP message sent:
> <?xml version=3D'1.0' encoding=3D'UTF-8'?>
> <soapenv:Envelope =
> xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <soapenv:Body><tns:TestRPC =
> xmlns:tns=3D"http://10.35.16.31/"><tns:Input1>test100</tns:Input1></
> tns:T=
> estRPC></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
> It only has
> xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope
> in =
> SOAP Enevelope.=20
> I want to add xsd and xsi namespaces
> <soapenv:Envelope =
> xmlnssi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" =
> xmlnssd=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" =
> xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" =
> xmlnsu0=3D"http://10.35.16.31/
> PU023_QM_TrackWise_V1.TrackWise_to_SAP.ma=
> ps">
>
> How do I do it using AXIOM API. Apprecaite any pointers.

If anything in the message needs the xsi or xsd namespaces, they'll
already be defined. If not, they serve no purpose. What are you
trying to accomplish?

zigzagdna@yahoo.com

On Aug 8, 5:47*pm, "Mike Schilling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am using AXIS 2 1.4. I have written a client using AXIS2 which
> > calls
> > a =
> > third party web service written using Webmethods (not AXIS).
> > I am using AXIOM API. When I look at the SOAP message sent:
> > <?xml version=3D'1.0' encoding=3D'UTF-8'?>
> > <soapenv:Envelope =
> > xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> > <soapenv:Body><tns:TestRPC =
> > xmlns:tns=3D"http://10.35.16.31/"><tns:Input1>test100</tns:Input1></
> > tns:T=
> > estRPC></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
> > It only has
> > xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope
> > in =
> > SOAP Enevelope.=20
> > I want to add xsd and xsi namespaces
> > <soapenv:Envelope =
> > xmlnssi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" =
> > xmlnssd=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" =
> > xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" =
> > xmlnsu0=3D"http://10.35.16.31/
> > PU023_QM_TrackWise_V1.TrackWise_to_SAP.ma=
> > ps">

> > How do I do it using AXIOM API. Apprecaite any pointers.

> If anything in the message needs the xsi or xsd namespaces, they'll
> already be defined. *If not, they serve no purpose. *What are you
> trying to accomplish?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. Not sure what you mean by alreday defined. I am writing client
code from Scartch using AXIOM. By default it does not include xsd and
xsi namespaces.

OMElement helloWorldPayload = helloWorldPayload("test1234");
Options options = new Options();
System.out.println("getSoapVersionURI:" +
options.getSoapVersionURI());
options.setTo(targetEPR);
options.setTransportInProtocol(Constants.TRANSPORT _HTTP);
ServiceClient sender = new ServiceClient();

sender.setOptions(options);
sender.sendReceive(helloWorldPayload);

when I use tcpmon to see messages going thorugh, it does not show xsd
and xsi namespaces.., so they are no part of SOAP message sent by
AXIS2, but my third party web service requires them.

Mike Schilling

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Aug 8, 5:47 pm, "Mike Schilling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I am using AXIS 2 1.4. I have written a client using AXIS2 which
>>> calls
>>> a =
>>> third party web service written using Webmethods (not AXIS).
>>> I am using AXIOM API. When I look at the SOAP message sent:
>>> <?xml version=3D'1.0' encoding=3D'UTF-8'?>
>>> <soapenv:Envelope =
>>> xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>>> <soapenv:Body><tns:TestRPC =
>>> xmlns:tns=3D"http://10.35.16.31/"><tns:Input1>test100</tns:Input1></
>>> tns:T=
>>> estRPC></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
>>> It only has
>>> xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope
>>> in =
>>> SOAP Enevelope.=20
>>> I want to add xsd and xsi namespaces
>>> <soapenv:Envelope =
>>> xmlnssi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" =
>>> xmlnssd=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" =
>>> xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" =
>>> xmlnsu0=3D"http://10.35.16.31/
>>> PU023_QM_TrackWise_V1.TrackWise_to_SAP.ma=
>>> ps">

>>> How do I do it using AXIOM API. Apprecaite any pointers.

>> If anything in the message needs the xsi or xsd namespaces, they'll
>> already be defined. If not, they serve no purpose. What are you
>> trying to accomplish?- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks. Not sure what you mean by alreday defined. I am writing
> client
> code from Scartch using AXIOM. By default it does not include xsd
> and
> xsi namespaces.
>
> OMElement helloWorldPayload = helloWorldPayload("test1234");
> Options options = new Options();
> System.out.println("getSoapVersionURI:" +
> options.getSoapVersionURI());
> options.setTo(targetEPR);
>
> options.setTransportInProtocol(Constants.TRANSPORT _HTTP);
> ServiceClient sender = new ServiceClient();
>
> sender.setOptions(options);
> sender.sendReceive(helloWorldPayload);
>
> when I use tcpmon to see messages going thorugh, it does not show
> xsd
> and xsi namespaces.., so they are no part of SOAP message sent by
> AXIS2, but my third party web service requires them.

That's what I don't understand. The only way a web service would
reuire namespaces to be defined is if something (an element or an
attribute) is in that namespace, but if that were true, the namespaces
would already be defined. Let me take a wild guess: is the problem
that your web service uses soap encoding, but the client is producing
a literal message?

zigzagdna@yahoo.com

On Aug 8, 6:14*pm, "Mike Schilling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > On Aug 8, 5:47 pm, "Mike Schilling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> If anything in the message needs the xsi or xsd namespaces, they'll
> >> already be defined. If not, they serve no purpose. What are you
> >> trying to accomplish?- Hide quoted text -

> > Thanks. Not sure what you mean by alreday defined. I am writing
> > client
> > code from Scartch using AXIOM. By default it does not include xsd
> > and
> > xsi namespaces.

> > *OMElement helloWorldPayload = helloWorldPayload("test1234");
> > * * * * * * Options options = new Options();
> > * * * * * * System.out.println("getSoapVersionURI:" +
> > options.getSoapVersionURI());
> > * * * * * * options.setTo(targetEPR);

> > options.setTransportInProtocol(Constants.TRANSPORT _HTTP);
> > * * * * * * *ServiceClient sender = new ServiceClient();

> > * * * * * * *sender.setOptions(options);
> > * * * * * * * sender.sendReceive(helloWorldPayload);

> > when I use tcpmon to see messages going thorugh, it does not show
> > xsd
> > and xsi namespaces.., so they are no part of SOAP message sent by
> > AXIS2, but my third party web service requires them.

> That's what I don't understand. *The only way a web service would
> reuire namespaces to be defined is if something (an element or an
> attribute) is in that namespace, but if that were true, the namespaces
> would already be defined. *Let me take a wild guess: is the problem
> that your web service uses soap encoding, but the client is producing
> a literal message?- Hide quoted text -

You are right. Server is written in Webmethods which is using SOAP RPC
(encoding). I am trying to call it from AXIS2 which bprobaly uses
default style.

Prem

Mike Schilling

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Aug 8, 6:14 pm, "Mike Schilling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>> Thanks. Not sure what you mean by alreday defined. I am writing
>>> client
>>> code from Scartch using AXIOM. By default it does not include xsd
>>> and
>>> xsi namespaces.

>>> OMElement helloWorldPayload = helloWorldPayload("test1234");
>>> Options options = new Options();
>>> System.out.println("getSoapVersionURI:" +
>>> options.getSoapVersionURI());
>>> options.setTo(targetEPR);

>>> options.setTransportInProtocol(Constants.TRANSPORT _HTTP);
>>> ServiceClient sender = new ServiceClient();

>>> sender.setOptions(options);
>>> sender.sendReceive(helloWorldPayload);

>>> when I use tcpmon to see messages going thorugh, it does not show
>>> xsd
>>> and xsi namespaces.., so they are no part of SOAP message sent by
>>> AXIS2, but my third party web service requires them.

>> That's what I don't understand. The only way a web service would
>> reuire namespaces to be defined is if something (an element or an
>> attribute) is in that namespace, but if that were true, the
>> namespaces would already be defined. Let me take a wild guess: is
>> the problem that your web service uses soap encoding, but the
>> client
>> is producing a literal message?- Hide quoted text -

> You are right. Server is written in Webmethods which is using SOAP
> RPC
> (encoding). I am trying to call it from AXIS2 which bprobaly uses
> default style.

There are three styles commonly used:

1. rpc-encoded
2. document-literal
3. rpc-literal

If youe aervice expects to see the namespaces xsd: and xsi:, it's
probably using 1 AXIS should figure this out from the WSDL, but if it
isn't, there may be hints you can give it during the generation
process.

zigzagdna@yahoo.com

On Aug 8, 7:23*pm, "Mike Schilling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > On Aug 8, 6:14 pm, "Mike Schilling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> That's what I don't understand. The only way a web service would
> >> reuire namespaces to be defined is if something (an element or an
> >> attribute) is in that namespace, but if that were true, the
> >> namespaces would already be defined. Let me take a wild guess: is
> >> the problem that your web service uses soap encoding, but the
> >> client
> >> is producing a literal message?- Hide quoted text -

> > You are right. Server is written in Webmethods which is using SOAP
> > RPC
> > (encoding). I am trying to call it from AXIS2 which bprobaly uses
> > default style.

> There are three styles commonly used:
>
> 1. rpc-encoded
> 2. document-literal
> 3. rpc-literal
>
> If youe aervice expects to see the namespaces xsd: and xsi:, it's
> probably using 1 *AXIS should figure this out from the WSDL, but if it
> isn't, there may be hints you can give it during the generation
> process.- Hide quoted text -

I was not using WSDL2JAVA. I was writing code from "scratch", that's
why I am asking this question.

There must be API calls to do this.

Mike Schilling

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I was not using WSDL2JAVA. I was writing code from "scratch", that's
> why I am asking this question.

OK, let's start at the beginning. Show us the code that generates the
request.

zigzagdna@yahoo.com

On Aug 8, 9:47*pm, "Mike Schilling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I was not using WSDL2JAVA. I was writing code from "scratch", that's
> > why I am asking this question.

> OK, let's start at the beginning. *Show us the code that generates the
> request.

Mike:
Thanks a lot for looking into. Attached is the code. Please keep in
mind that I am new to AXIS2, started using it only 2 weeks ago, but I
like AXIOM. I just want to know how to add additional name spaces in
SOAP Enevlope at the beginning (refer to beginning of this Thread).

import org.apache.axiom.om.OMAbstractFactory;
import org.apache.axiom.om.OMElement;
import org.apache.axiom.om.OMFactory;
import org.apache.axiom.om.OMNamespace;
import org.apache.axis2.Constants;
import org.apache.axis2.addressing.EndpointReference;
import org.apache.axis2.client.Options;
import org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient;
import javax.xml.namespace.QName;
import java.util.*;

public class CallWebm {

private static EndpointReference targetEPR =
new EndpointReference(
"http://10.4.34.114:8888/soap/rpc/
PU023_QM_TrackWise_V1_TrackWise_to_S
AP_maps");

public static OMElement helloWorldPayload(String symbol) {
OMFactory fac = OMAbstractFactory.getOMFactory();
OMNamespace omNs = fac.createOMNamespace(
"http://
10.35.16.31/", "tns");

OMElement method = fac.createOMElement("TestRPC", omNs);
OMElement value = fac.createOMElement("Input1", omNs);
value.addChild(fac.createOMText(value, "test100"));
method.addChild(value);
try {
System.out.println(method.toStringWithConsume());
}
catch (javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

return method;
}

try {
OMElement helloWorldPayload =
helloWorldPayload("test1234");
Options options = new Options();
System.out.println("getSoapVersionURI:" +
options.getSoapVersionURI());
options.setTo(targetEPR);
options.setTransportInProtocol(Constants.TRANSPORT _HTTP);
//options.setAction("urn:echo");
// some servers do not support chunking of HTTP 1.1, so
disable it

options.setProperty(org.apache.axis2.transport.htt p.HTTPConstants.HTTP_PROTOCOL_VERSION,
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.HEAD ER_PROTOCOL_10);
ServiceClient sender = new ServiceClient();
sender.addStringHeader (new QName("http://
www.apache.schema", "xsd"), "");
sender.setOptions(options);

//Thread.sleep(3000);
//sender.sendReceive(helloWorldPayload);
OMElement result = sender.sendReceive(helloWorldPayload);

} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
}

Mike Schilling

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Aug 8, 9:47 pm, "Mike Schilling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> I was not using WSDL2JAVA. I was writing code from "scratch",
>>> that's
>>> why I am asking this question.

>> OK, let's start at the beginning. Show us the code that generates
>> the
>> request.

> Mike:
> Thanks a lot for looking into. Attached is the code. Please keep in
> mind that I am new to AXIS2, started using it only 2 weeks ago, but
> like AXIOM. I just want to know how to add additional name spaces in
> SOAP Enevlope at the beginning (refer to beginning of this Thread).

I still don't think that's what you really want. What you want is to
add attributes and/or elements in those namespaces: where the
namespace definitions wind up being placed is unimportant. So, two
more questions:

1. What does the XML request this program produces look like.
2. What do you want it to look like?

By the way, you can use OMElement.declareNamespace() to create
namespace definitions.