Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Limitations using 8GB Memory

Limitations using 8GB Memory

Clayton

Does anyone know of any limitations using 8GB memory on Vista 64?

I found out today that I can not use my WinTV PVR 500 tuner card because
Media Centre is limited to less than 4GB of memory

Tom Lake

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ewYM7BX#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of any limitations using 8GB memory on Vista 64?
>
> I found out today that I can not use my WinTV PVR 500 tuner card because
> Media Centre is limited to less than 4GB of memory

It's not a limitation of Media Center, it's a limitation of the PVR 500.
The Hauppauge HVR 1600 and other PCIe models work fine with
8 GB RAM.

Tom Lake

Clayton

I was looking at getting the HVR 1600, would you know if it supports PAL?

"Tom Lake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ewYM7BX#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does anyone know of any limitations using 8GB memory on Vista 64?
>>
>> I found out today that I can not use my WinTV PVR 500 tuner card because
>> Media Centre is limited to less than 4GB of memory

> It's not a limitation of Media Center, it's a limitation of the PVR 500.
> The Hauppauge HVR 1600 and other PCIe models work fine with
> 8 GB RAM.
>
> Tom Lake

Bobby Johnson

If you go to http://www.hauppauge.com/ you can look at the
products they offer and see if they have PAL support.