Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Breaking Ground - the 70-290

Breaking Ground - the 70-290

LMC

So here I am, I've been working with Micrsoft products for years. Put in
about 3 years with 2003 server and it time to hit the certification trail
once again. (My MCP is quite dated). Took the class, read the books, been
adminsitrating 03 server for quite a while.

I've been taking the prep tests to test my knowledge. Wow, what I don't know
about server 03. There are literally hundreds of GPO's how can anyone
realistically remember what all of them do. Is this to be taken seriously?
Most other aspects of the 290 test are ... well there, I'm reasonably
confident. Geez, for those of you that have actually taken the test, tell me,
are the questions really going to be truly that obsure? ( I'm looking for a
little hope here!)

LMC

Holy S H I T
I've just read thru a dozen or so random responses and amazing enough the
respondents are far more sarcastic than I am on a good day.

I retract my last post. This is obviously one of those pointless news group
of “much said about nothing”.

"LMC" wrote:

> So here I am, I've been working with Micrsoft products for years. Put in
> about 3 years with 2003 server and it time to hit the certification trail
> once again. (My MCP is quite dated). Took the class, read the books, been
> adminsitrating 03 server for quite a while.
>
> I've been taking the prep tests to test my knowledge. Wow, what I don't know
> about server 03. There are literally hundreds of GPO's how can anyone
> realistically remember what all of them do. Is this to be taken seriously?
> Most other aspects of the 290 test are ... well there, I'm reasonably
> confident. Geez, for those of you that have actually taken the test, tell me,
> are the questions really going to be truly that obsure? ( I'm looking for a
> little hope here!)

John R

LMC,

People do pass this test, every day. Yes, there are lots and lots of group
policy items. And, while I cannot say with any certainity how many you'll
find on the test, I can say that as long as you are good on server
configuration, auditing, Raid, etc, and you have a good handle on what can
be done with group policy, I don't think you'll have any problem passing the
test.

70-291 is considered by many to be much more challenging. I passed both on
the first try.

John R

"LMC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Holy S H I T
> I've just read thru a dozen or so random responses and amazing enough the
> respondents are far more sarcastic than I am on a good day.
>
> I retract my last post. This is obviously one of those pointless news
> group
> of “much said about nothing”.
>

> "LMC" wrote:
>
>> So here I am, I've been working with Micrsoft products for years. Put in
>> about 3 years with 2003 server and it time to hit the certification trail
>> once again. (My MCP is quite dated). Took the class, read the books, been
>> adminsitrating 03 server for quite a while.
>>
>> I've been taking the prep tests to test my knowledge. Wow, what I don't
>> know
>> about server 03. There are literally hundreds of GPO's how can anyone
>> realistically remember what all of them do. Is this to be taken
>> seriously?
>> Most other aspects of the 290 test are ... well there, I'm reasonably
>> confident. Geez, for those of you that have actually taken the test, tell
>> me,
>> are the questions really going to be truly that obsure? ( I'm looking for
>> little hope here!)

Bill Hileman

LMC wrote:
> Holy S H I T
> I've just read thru a dozen or so random responses and amazing enough
> the respondents are far more sarcastic than I am on a good day.
>
> I retract my last post. This is obviously one of those pointless news
> group of "much said about nothing".

Glad we could help!

Another satisfied customer!

Can we use you as a reference?

Jtyc

> I've just read thru a dozen or so random responses and amazing enough the
> respondents are far more sarcastic than I am on a good day.
>
> I retract my last post. This is obviously one of those pointless news
> group
> of “much said about nothing”.

Welcome to the Internet.

Jtyc

> are the questions really going to be truly that obsure?

Have you never taken a Microsoft exam?

PAJ

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:26:04 -0700, LMC <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Holy S H I T

What's holy s h i t?
Is it like holy w a t e r?

wrote:

>I retract my last post.

Good. It was s h i t!

PAJ

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:04:02 -0700, LMC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>for those of you that have actually taken the test, tell me,
>are the questions really going to be truly that obsure?

Yeah, but most people pass on their first go.
With all the experience you have you should pass with no problems.
Unless you are a thick s h i t!

Death from Above

> 70-291 is considered by many to be much more challenging. I passed both
> on the first try.

Stunning. Truly stunning. I salute your
geniusness...er..geniosity...er...whatever. Look everyone, a hero happened
here.

Death from Above

GROUND BREAKING NEW VOIP SERVICE---choose from over 2 million UK numbers! fa103 UK VOIP 95 03-10-2007 11:14 AM
Looking for a breaking news rss feed that really contains breaking news Amy XML 0 02-22-2005 06:31 PM
Thread was being aborted in win2003 server. Back ground thread reading MS access database, no redirects or transfers. Johanna ASP .Net 0 10-13-2004 01:32 PM
Checking MCSE back ground Marko MCSE 0 07-20-2003 12:17 PM
Re: Checking MCSE back ground Tom Helms [MSFT]. MCSE 0 07-19-2003 12:26 AM

Advertisments