Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > asp.net send/get parameters

asp.net send/get parameters

08-07-2008
Hi all,
i am trying to send the value of:

<input id="myText" style="width:100px ;height:12px ;font-size: x-small" type="text" name="valueText" runat="server" />

from frame1.aspx to frame2.aspx.

I am using an input like this:

<input type="submit" value="btn" name="S1" onclick="javascript: parent.left.location.replace('frame2.aspx')"/>

to submit the value from frame1.aspx to frame2.aspx.

on frame1 form is defined as

<form id="form1" method="get" action="frame2.aspx" runat="server">

having defined the action and method on frame1's form, i think i should be able to get the value of "valueText" in codebehind file(frame2.aspx.vb) with -> Request.QueryString("valueText") during the Page_Load but i can't.

what i am trying to do is from frame1.aspx redirect to frame2.aspx in another frame, send the value of "valueText" from frame1 to frame2 and use this "valueText" during the Page_Load of frame2. i don't know what i am doing wrong here. I don't know if i cannot send or retrieve the value.all i know is i just can not get "valueText" on Page_Load of frame2.javascript does the redirection job well but no "valueText" value sent to frame2. I have been trying this for 2 days now still no success. please help..!

Last edited by Serdar Osman Onur; 08-07-2008 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: unwanted smilies

08-07-2008
I also tried using an anchor to redirect to a page in another frame and get the value of text value in fame2.no luck.

in frame1.aspx:

<a href="Sleft.aspx?&txt=<%#Request.Form["valueText"]%>" target="left" style="width:52px ;height:8px ;font-size: x-small " ><b>btn</b></a>

in frame2.aspx.vb:

a = Page.Request("txt")
a = Page.Request.Params("txt")
a = Me.Request("txt")
a = Me.Request.Params(1)
a = Me.Request.Params("txt")
a = Me.Request.QueryString("txt")
a = Request.QueryString("txt")
a = Request.Item("txt")
a = Request.ServerVariables("txt")

non worked.

08-08-2008
thanks HomerJ. I have already solved my problem.