Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Am I going to hit problems with XP64 with 8GB and DVB ?

Am I going to hit problems with XP64 with 8GB and DVB ?

Mark Natto

I now have a XP64 with 8GB all working perfect, all hardwares and software
works in ways that I have always wanted.
Sadly the only thing that wouldnt work is my TV card (Cinergy 2400i DT),
manufacture is of no help even though they supply XP64 drivers.
So I am looking at another card thats well supported under XP64, Leadtek
WinFast DTV1000, I also have a Leadtek WinFast DTV2000H which I cant find in
the pile of junk here, they are both supported by XP64, but my concern is
more to do with the amount of memory, I read something a while back that TV
cards are not happy on anything with more than 4GB, does any one know if
this is the case before I splash out on yet another card ?

Many thanks

johnsuth@nospam.com.au

In <OGimA2A#(E-Mail Removed)>, "Mark Natto" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I now have a XP64 with 8GB all working perfect, all hardwares and software
>works in ways that I have always wanted.
>Sadly the only thing that wouldnt work is my TV card (Cinergy 2400i DT),
>manufacture is of no help even though they supply XP64 drivers.
>So I am looking at another card thats well supported under XP64, Leadtek
>WinFast DTV1000, I also have a Leadtek WinFast DTV2000H which I cant find in
>the pile of junk here, they are both supported by XP64, but my concern is
>more to do with the amount of memory, I read something a while back that TV
>cards are not happy on anything with more than 4GB, does any one know if
>this is the case before I splash out on yet another card ?

I had the same configuration (XP64, 8GB) and problem (driver installed but
failed to load on boot, manufacturer was no help) with a Leadtek PCI-e display
adapter (Quadro FX 3500).

Wording in the mobo manual made me suspect PCI-e bus timing so I got a different
brand of mobo and the display adapter worked.

Carl

I had the same cinergy card, I am now using one made by a company called
blackgold. I run Vista 64 with 8gb ram, and they have a driver for 4gb+ ram.

Dominic Payer

My Leadtek DTV1000S has no problems with 8GB under x64 Vista.

The latest WinFast PVR2 2.0.3.7 doesn't work for me and some others. It
includes a new ArcSoft audio codec. The older WinFast PVR2 2.0.2.40 is fine.

I think the over 4GB problem affected mainly Hauppauge cards.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Sell iPhone 8GB, Nokia N95 8GB ,Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PS3 60GB AtDiscounted Prices s.dept1@gmail.com Computer Support 0 12-17-2007 12:25 PM
DVB-S or DVB-T ? XPD NZ Computing 5 07-04-2007 10:52 AM
Can't hit the site by name but I can hit by IP CK ASP .Net 9 10-19-2006 08:01 PM
xp64 trial version & xp64 beta version install =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBXZWJzdGVy?= Windows 64bit 7 01-08-2006 01:29 AM
OEM xp64 v. Trial xp64 ? Soma11 Windows 64bit 4 05-22-2005 08:00 PM

Advertisments