Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Image Question

Image Question

Jason

If i have an image on my ASP.NET 2.0 box and I need to know, on the server
side, WHERE within the image a user clicked, what is the best way to do
this?

I know about the ImageMap class and the HotSpots, but this is insufficient
for my needs: I need the location in terms of the coordinates, just as if I
had a WinForm application and got my mouse location.

Any help would be most welcome!

Ken Fine

Hi Jason,

Is this helpful?

Javascript solution:
http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2006...th-javascript/

ASP.NET solution:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...wf(VS.85).aspx

Some extended discussion:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Prog..._20317270.html

Cheers,
-KF

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uYPeVl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If i have an image on my ASP.NET 2.0 box and I need to know, on the server
> side, WHERE within the image a user clicked, what is the best way to do
> this?
>
> I know about the ImageMap class and the HotSpots, but this is insufficient
> for my needs: I need the location in terms of the coordinates, just as if
> I had a WinForm application and got my mouse location.
>
> Any help would be most welcome!

Jason

You better believe it does..

Thank you so much... I was in the middle of writing some dirty Javascript to
do this. I much prefer the world of ASP.NET...

Thanks again

news:(E-Mail Removed)...