Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web service and security

Web service and security

m.a

Hello,

I want to have some web services aloneside of my ASP.NET. I want that
these web services be private means that only people who has suitable user
name and password can use them. Is this possible? Is there any sample or
information on how to handel login to such web services?

Regards

Henning Krause [MVP - Exchange]

Hi,

the easiest thing to do is to rely on IIS to handle user authentication. If
you set the authentication of your virtual directory to basic (hopefully via
SSL) or integrated security, it takes care of the authentication.

Kind regards,
Henning Krause

"m.a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I want to have some web services aloneside of my ASP.NET. I want that
> these web services be private means that only people who has suitable user
> name and password can use them. Is this possible? Is there any sample or
> information on how to handel login to such web services?
>

> Regards

Mr. Arnold

"m.a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I want to have some web services aloneside of my ASP.NET. I want that
> these web services be private means that only people who has suitable user
> name and password can use them. Is this possible? Is there any sample or
> information on how to handel login to such web services?

It's called a Web client accessing a Web service using SOAP Authentication
User-Id and PSW, look it up using Google or Dogpile.com as there are plenty
of examples on how to do it.

m.a

"Mr. Arnold" <MR. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23Vesh%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "m.a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to have some web services aloneside of my ASP.NET. I want that
>> these web services be private means that only people who has suitable
>> user name and password can use them. Is this possible? Is there any
>> sample or information on how to handel login to such web services?
>>

> It's called a Web client accessing a Web service using SOAP Authentication
> User-Id and PSW, look it up using Google or Dogpile.com as there are
> plenty of examples on how to do it.

Thanks for the leas. It is very helpfull. Now I can find my way to some
samples and documents.

Regards