Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > CreateThread()

CreateThread()

quincy451@yahoo.com

Testing CreateThread() on windows XP x64 to see how it differed from
windows XP 32bit. Well on the 32bit version I created about 3100
threads and then what happened what I was able create more but they
just never seemed to get serviced.

Now on windows XP x64 here is the surprise...I create 1562 threads
successfully. After that I get a GetLastError() value of 8 out of
memory. I tried moving the stack down to 4096 where somone else had a
tested CreateThread result of 13000 threads on some version fo
windows. But I got the same 1562. What might be up?

Thanks,
David