Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > would the last rat leaving Telecom please turn on the IVR andtransfer calls to manila

would the last rat leaving Telecom please turn on the IVR andtransfer calls to manila

akcarlos

Does anybody know how to get intelligent support from a New Zealander
at xtra/telecom who can fix a problem.?

I have had an email address for more than 10 years with xtra doesnt
seem capable of providing an email service to me anymore.

more than a month ago I moved and canceled my phone and broadband with
xtra BUT NOT my telecom account, I kept ringing until I got somebody
who understanded I wanted this and put my xtra account on a $10 per
month dial up account so I could still keep the email address.
after being billed for this $10 a month and a half later my email
stoped authenticating, I rang and was told I had closed my account.

anyway to make a long story short Telecom can reactivate my account
and email but I cannot have my old email address because it contains a
dash and an alias contains an underscore.
they were happy to give me a new email address but thats no bloody
use.

anyone have any ideas if I can fix this at least temporarily until I
buy a domain and host my own email?

Bobs

On Aug 5, 6:33*pm, akcarlos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anybody know how to get intelligent support from a New Zealander
> at xtra/telecom who can fix a problem.?
>
> I have had an email address for more than 10 years with xtra doesnt
> seem capable of providing an email service to me anymore.
>
> more than a month ago I moved and canceled my phone and broadband with
> xtra BUT NOT my telecom account, I kept ringing until I got somebody
> who understanded I wanted this and put my xtra account on a $10 per
> month dial up account so I could still keep the email address.
> after being billed for this $10 a month and a half later my email
> stoped authenticating, I rang and was told I had closed my account.
>
> anyway to make a long story short Telecom can reactivate my account
> and email but I cannot have my old email address because it contains a
> dash and an alias contains an underscore.

Say what? Even Hotmail lets you have underscores in your email. THink
he's full of **** myself.

> they were happy to give me a new email address but thats no bloody
> use.
>
> anyone have any ideas if I can fix this at least temporarily until I
> buy a domain and host my own email?

akcarlos

I understand that it is definatly possible to just reactivate my
account and I am 100% sure there is somebody at
Telecom xtra who can do this but how do I get in contact with this
person , do they still work for Telecom /xtra.

I would hope that they are making a mistake in trying to create a new
account with my existing account rather than reactivating my old but
even if they are how can I get them to do this.

I strongly suspect that Telecom have so well insulated anybody in the
business with Authority from the actual customers that service is near
impossible or accidental.

On Aug 6, 10:21*am, Bobs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 5, 6:33*pm, akcarlos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Does anybody know how to get intelligent support from a New Zealander
> > at xtra/telecom who can fix a problem.?

> > I have had an email address for more than 10 years with xtra doesnt
> > seem capable of providing an email service to me anymore.

> > more than a month ago I moved and canceled my phone and broadband with
> > xtra BUT NOT my telecom account, I kept ringing until I got somebody
> > who understanded I wanted this and put my xtra account on a $10 per
> > month dial up account so I could still keep the email address.
> > after being billed for this $10 a month and a half later my email
> > stoped authenticating, I rang and was told I had closed my account.

> > anyway to make a long story short Telecom can reactivate my account
> > and email but I cannot have my old email address because it contains a
> > dash and an alias contains an underscore.

> Say what? Even Hotmail lets you have underscores in your email. THink
> he's full of **** myself.
>
> > they were happy to give me a new email address but thats no bloody
> > use.

> > anyone have any ideas if I can fix this at least temporarily until I
> > buy a domain and host my own email?

Jasen Betts

On 2008-08-05, akcarlos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anybody know how to get intelligent support from a New Zealander
> at xtra/telecom who can fix a problem.?
>
> I have had an email address for more than 10 years with xtra doesnt
> seem capable of providing an email service to me anymore.

8+ months ago they stopped providing SMTP, and yahoo has been doing a
half-arsed job for them ever since. (who needs RFC2554 anyway)

about the same time yahoo took over the mailboxes too.

> more than a month ago I moved and canceled my phone and broadband with
> xtra BUT NOT my telecom account, I kept ringing until I got somebody
> who understanded I wanted this and put my xtra account on a $10 per
> month dial up account so I could still keep the email address.
> after being billed for this $10 a month and a half later my email
> stoped authenticating, I rang and was told I had closed my account.
>
> anyway to make a long story short Telecom can reactivate my account
> and email but I cannot have my old email address because it contains a
> dash and an alias contains an underscore.
> they were happy to give me a new email address but thats no bloody
> use.
>
> anyone have any ideas if I can fix this at least temporarily until I
> buy a domain and host my own email?

Use a bigger hammer!

In the meantime if you want an email address you can take with you try
gmail. they don't like underscores either but dots are ok.

Bye.
Jasen

Dave Taylor

akcarlos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:391fd284-ba5c-49ed-a44f-

> I strongly suspect that Telecom have so well insulated anybody in the
> business with Authority from the actual customers that service is near
> impossible or accidental.

Have you asked to speak with a supervisor? Always escalate if you feel you
are not given the correct service you deserve. Do you have case number or
some kind of call tracking things to help the supervisor look at the
history?

If you stay stuck at the front line, the scripted answers will continue to
be read to you. Be polite and firm. I think that it will all work out,
but you need to get the right people on the case. Get tracking numbers for
your calls, so when you call back you can say " Hi I am calling about
ticket # 1234, I will wait while you review it..."

--
Ciao, Dave