Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Nikon RAW codec, Vista x64 now happy together

Nikon RAW codec, Vista x64 now happy together

Barb Bowman

Downloaded the 1.40 Nikon NEF codec (Windows Live Photo Gallery). To
my utter amazement, there is now x64 support. One more off the
list..
--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

Mark Veldhuis

Still no mention of X64 at http://nikonimglib.com/nefcodec/ .

--

Met vriendelijke groet,
Mark Veldhuis.

Barb Bowman

no mention at all, but I downloaded it to a Ferrari 4000 with x64
SP1 and it works. Nikon is pretty careful to document everywhere
with all their software what OSes are supported and x64 is still
MIA. But this is a good sign.

I've actually been using Fastone's image viewer (www.fastone.org) to
navigate terabytes of NEFs. It allows me to configure external
editors and more. Still, it's good news that there finally is
"native" x64 support, albeit far too late. There are more and more
computers with x64 pre-installed, even at retail.

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 22:27:36 +0200, Mark Veldhuis
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Still no mention of X64 at http://nikonimglib.com/nefcodec/ .

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

Mark Veldhuis

> no mention at all, but I downloaded it to a Ferrari 4000 with x64
> SP1 and it works.

Cool! Did you download it from the URL in my previous post?

> Nikon is pretty careful to document everywhere
> with all their software what OSes are supported and x64 is still
> MIA. But this is a good sign.

I agree!

--

Met vriendelijke groet,