Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Creating wrapper for python..

Creating wrapper for python..

Anish Chapagain

Hi..
What will be the best approach for creating wrapper in python language
for the API programmed in C.
I came across SWIG, but am having problem as the generated .pyd file
is not displaying any output...
so, how feasible will be to use ctype for python..it is possible in C
to create every c file a dll and link with necessary other one..??

santosh

Anish Chapagain wrote:

> Hi..
> What will be the best approach for creating wrapper in python language
> for the API programmed in C.
> I came across SWIG, but am having problem as the generated .pyd file
> is not displaying any output...
> so, how feasible will be to use ctype for python..it is possible in C
> to create every c file a dll and link with necessary other one..??

<http://www.python.org/doc/>

Also <news:comp.lang.python>

Keith Thompson

Anish Chapagain <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> What will be the best approach for creating wrapper in python language
> for the API programmed in C.
> I came across SWIG, but am having problem as the generated .pyd file
> is not displaying any output...
> so, how feasible will be to use ctype for python..it is possible in C
> to create every c file a dll and link with necessary other one..??

comp.lang.python would be a better place for this question. Please
check that newsgroup's FAQ first.

Nokia

Antoninus Twink

On 4 Aug 2008 at 15:11, Anish Chapagain wrote:
> What will be the best approach for creating wrapper in python language
> for the API programmed in C.
> so, how feasible will be to use ctype for python..

It should be entirely feasible. Have you tried working through the
tutorial at <http://python.net/crew/theller/ctypes/tutorial.html> ?

> it is possible in C to create every c file a dll and link with
> necessary other one..??

[parse error] Could you explain more clearly what you mean?

Creating a wrapper to two identical shared libraries SoofaLoofa C Programming 2 03-14-2008 03:30 PM
creating a wrapper around a vendor api ma740988 C++ 9 10-10-2006 01:13 PM
Creating Python wrapper for DLL Tim Python 4 09-27-2006 06:53 PM
Creating a Wrapper Stephen ASP .Net 4 01-06-2005 10:59 PM
Creating Python class wrapper for a command line tool Edvard Majakari Python 4 05-27-2004 05:42 AM

Advertisments