Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Serialisation formats

Serialisation formats

Tom Anderson

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Michael Justin wrote:

> Tom Anderson wrote:
>
>> Any other significant ones?

> Fast Object Serialization (uka.transport), developed for the kaRMI project of
> the University if Karlsruhe in Germany.

Ooh, i hadn't heard of that. Thanks!

tom

--
The girlfriend of my friend is my enemy. -- old Arabic proverb

Tom Anderson

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Stefan Ram wrote:

> Michael Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Fast Object Serialization (uka.transport), developed for the kaRMI

> If self-proclaimed-as-fast formats are the topic, there also is:
>
> http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/

I've heard of this, but i don't know what it is. Time to look into it!

tom

--

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Roedy Green wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 15:26:49 +0100, Tom Anderson <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>> - hand-hacked binary storage
>> - java.io serialization
>> - XML done manually
>> - XML via java.beans.XMLEncoder
>> - XML via JAXB
>> - XML via Swing archiver
>> - JSON
>> - ASN.1 - various encoding rules
>> - CORBA IIOP marshalling (not sure how to get at this)

> see my list of 13 alternatives at:
> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/serializa...l#ALTERNATIZES
>
> I recently updated it to include those of yours I did not already
> have.

Lovely, thankyou!

tom

--
The girlfriend of my friend is my enemy. -- old Arabic proverb