Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Google

Reply
Thread Tools

Google

 
 
EMB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2008
Craig Shore wrote:
> Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
>
>

Works from xnet
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Craig Shore
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2008
Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rhino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2008
On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:02:44 +1200, Craig Shore
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
>

Fine from ihug broadband in Dorkland.


Cheers, Rhino
 
Reply With Quote
 
Craig Shore
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2008
On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 20:16:06 +1200, Rhino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:02:44 +1200, Craig Shore
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
>>

>Fine from ihug broadband in Dorkland.


Thanks. Tried it on another computer here and it works fine. Now I
have to try and work out why it's broke on my computer


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rhino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2008
On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:41:37 +1200, Craig Shore
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 20:16:06 +1200, Rhino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:02:44 +1200, Craig Shore
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
>>>

>>Fine from ihug broadband in Dorkland.

>
>Thanks. Tried it on another computer here and it works fine. Now I
>have to try and work out why it's broke on my computer
>

Hi Craig,

Not sure if you are on broadband or not. Here are a couple of
suggestions for the machine concerned.

If on broadband and using a router/modem which provides dhcp; From
the start menu/run open up a window via cmd and then run nslookup.
Type www.google.co.nz and you should get a response of 69.46.228.5

If this fails, type "server 203.109.129.67" This will point nslookup
at the primary Ihug name server. Retry a query of www.google.co.nz
and see what response you get.

Cheers, Rhino
 
Reply With Quote
 
Craig Shore
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2008
On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 23:02:16 +1200, Rhino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:41:37 +1200, Craig Shore
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 20:16:06 +1200, Rhino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:02:44 +1200, Craig Shore
>>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
>>>>
>>>Fine from ihug broadband in Dorkland.

>>
>>Thanks. Tried it on another computer here and it works fine. Now I
>>have to try and work out why it's broke on my computer
>>

>Hi Craig,
>
>Not sure if you are on broadband or not. Here are a couple of
>suggestions for the machine concerned.
>
>If on broadband and using a router/modem which provides dhcp; From
>the start menu/run open up a window via cmd and then run nslookup.
>Type www.google.co.nz and you should get a response of 69.46.228.5
>
>If this fails, type "server 203.109.129.67" This will point nslookup
>at the primary Ihug name server. Retry a query of www.google.co.nz
>and see what response you get.


It's operation timing out i'm getting.

nslookup shows the same on this machine as my other one.


C:\WINDOWS\system32>nslookup www.google.co.nz
Non-authoritative answer:

Server: ns1.ihug.co.nz
Address: 203.109.129.67

Name: www.l.google.com
Addresses: 64.233.189.104, 64.233.189.147, 64.233.189.99
Aliases: www.google.co.nz, www.google.com


Using those IP's directly in the browser on this machine takes me to
google.com which then works fine. Typing google.com redirects to
google.co.nz which doesn't work.
The IP you gave above seems to be off http://www.huntbrothers.com, an
ISP in Louisiana, USA.

I'll try a modem reboot tomorrow and see what happens.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Enkidu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2008
Craig Shore wrote:
>
> Using those IP's directly in the browser on this machine takes me to
> google.com which then works fine. Typing google.com redirects to
> google.co.nz which doesn't work.
>

That's extremely odd. They are the same server(s). when something like
this happens, it is often some sort of plug-in or something interfering
with normal operations...

Cheers,

Cliff

--

"I LOVE IT!!" - someone on a newsgroup, somewhere.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I add "Images" Google to the Google toolbar in Firefox? JW Firefox 2 04-24-2006 06:17 PM
bridging Google Earth and Google maps in script cybarber@gmail.com Java 2 11-28-2005 02:51 PM
FAQ - references to Google/Google Groups Andrew Thompson Java 0 06-20-2005 12:26 PM
I am posting on three different google newsgroups, but can subscribe to the google archives, how do I do that? LadyLollipop Computer Support 4 03-11-2005 06:48 AM
Firefox google search bar searches google.de Abso Firefox 3 01-06-2005 10:55 PM



Advertisments