Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to capture (screenshot) an area of a webpage by a script Options

How to capture (screenshot) an area of a webpage by a script Options

Stefan Mueller

Hello

I'd like to capture an area of a webpage every two hours by a script.
Today my script opens the Internet Explorer in kiosk mode (the to be
captured area is always at the same position), opens the URL, captures
the area of the web page, saves it to an image and closes the Internet
Explorer again. I run this script with Scheduled Tasks every second
hour.
That really works fine if I'm logged in. However, if I'm logged out,
the computer is locked or even if I'm logged in via Remote Desktop and
the Remote Desktop window is minimized the script doesn't work
satisfying anymore. The captured image is still created but it's total
white.

Does anyone now a way to capture an area of a webpage which also works
if I'm not logged in? It would be great to have a capture software
which is able to capture an area of a webpage without opening the
webpage.

Regards
Stefan

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Stefan Mueller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'd like to capture an area of a webpage every two hours by a script.

Why not more old fashioned technology. It is a simple button on the Win
keyboard, no? So use a cheap electric plugin timer to turn on every two
hours to trip a solenoid that pulls a rod that allows one or very few of
a lined up set of ball bearings to fall down a tube that is set up over
the printscreen key...

> Does anyone now a way to capture an area of a webpage which also works
> if I'm not logged in? It would be great to have a capture software
> which is able to capture an area of a webpage without opening the
> webpage.

Not normal screen capturing then eh? Sort of a counterfactual logic
camera whereby the camera function is to capture what might be on a
screen if the browser was open at a certain website. mmm...

--
dorayme