Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Window Based application

Window Based application

Anarki

I use gcc & g++ in Cygwin to build my programs in Windows Xp.

I would like to know how to develop a simple window based
application(just a simple window with close button). Also i don't like
to use any support of 3rd party libraries like MFC,qt etc, PLease
suggest me the free online books,links to refer to develop this.

Stefan Ram

Anarki <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I would like to know how to develop a simple window based
>application(just a simple window with close button).

»Programming Windows« by Charles Petzold (book).

The basics are not different for C++ than for C, so better try
to find a /Microsoft® Windows/ programming newsgroup than a
C++ newsgroup.

I personally do not even use RC files, but also build the resource
descriptions (e.g., dialog descriptions) in C++ at run-time.
Some examples programs for this programming style (also free
from MFC and other additional libraries) are listed on my
German language web page:

http://www.purl.org/stefan_ram/pub/c++-windows

Another book featuring Microsoft® Windows programming in C++:

http://www.relisoft.com/book/

Brad

Anarki wrote:
> I use gcc & g++ in Cygwin to build my programs in Windows Xp.
>

> I would like to know how to develop a simple window based
> application(just a simple window with close button). Also i don't like
> to use any support of 3rd party libraries like MFC,qt etc, PLease
> suggest me the free online books,links to refer to develop this.

wxWidgets